We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kingston or Montego Bay?

Which Kingston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Kingston or Montego Bay?

Would I get as much Jamaican cultural experience in Montego Bay? Is Montego Bay mostly all about beaches and resorts? I really want to go to Jamaica to meet locals, artists, colors, arts, and learn the culture. Do you recommend any cultural tours? I only have 7 days to explore in Jamaica. I will be going to Ocho Rios for sure, I am torn between Kingston and Montego Bay.

Montego Bay, Jamaica
reviews: 8
1. Re: Kingston or Montego Bay?

I would say you find more well established arts and cultural, historical museums in Kingston and surrounding area, Port Royal, Blue Mountains.

I was going to do the following one day tour, but cancelled due to hurricane last year.

Port Royal (Open @ 9)

Blue Mountain (via Strawberry Hill)

Bob Marley Museum (Open @ 9)

Devon House

Here is a link to a nice list:

fodors.com/world/…a.html

Have fun!!

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 16
2. Re: Kingston or Montego Bay?

where will you be flying into? it's a 4-5 hour travel between one city and the other, which might not be something you want to work into your agenda...

kingston is by far the true cultural hub of the island.... and IMO has the more surrounding beauty.... it's not without it's drawbacks, but it'd be my choice hands down between the two for your purposes.. there's other things to Montego Bay than beaches/resorts, however it just doesn't have the same cultural places of interest (IMO)...

Chelle

Edited: 10:06 am, January 04, 2013
kingston
3. Re: Kingston or Montego Bay?

Culture, heritage & sports, see Kingston

roxbury, ma
reviews: 1
4. Re: Kingston or Montego Bay?

It is also very costly to travel between Mobay and Kingston. If you are staying in Ochi no need for Mobay so do Ochi, Kingston and Port Royal...

PEACE!

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
reviews: 43
5. Re: Kingston or Montego Bay?

The Kingston to MoBay route is served by the Knutsford express bus which is not costly, around $20US per person each way. Comfy and safe, though limited service (2-4 trips a day). Takes about 4 hours with the stop in Ochi, some stop in Falmouth now.

6. Re: Kingston or Montego Bay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 08, 2014