We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP with hotel choices

Which Kingston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
phillipsburg...
HELP with hotel choices

I might be flyng into KIN on Feb.18-28 for the first time. My man's family lives in Clarendon, so obviously he wants to be near them. It doesnt matter to me because I want to see what the island has to offer.

My bro-in-law suggested "Platinum "hotel, but the rooms look very cheapy. He also gave me a price of $20,000 JMD, which I thought was ridiculous!

I saw a cute place in Toll Road (?) called "Palm Bridge" hotel. This one looked more up to par and they specialize in weddings, therefore they must be a busy place with a full time staff. Their website did not provide prices though. The only downfall with that one is the distance from Clarendon.

My question to you guys/gals is, are there any other hotel/motels nearby Clarendon/ May Pen to consider? I realize it is mostly cows and goats there, but that is where my in -laws reside so I must grind my teeth and bare with it :(

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
reviews: 49
11. Re: HELP with hotel choices

"historic and atmospheric" - if one wants to be 10-15 minutes further away than Mandeville, to the north, Hotel Villa Bella in Christiana fits the bill. I stayed there a few years ago. Lovely setting, definitely an historic and atmospheric hotel.

http://www.hotelvillabella.com

phillipsburg...
12. Re: HELP with hotel choices

hello. it is me again.

i am trying to get in contact with marriage officials down there but the web site i came across gave a number that is no longer in service :(

it is from the registrar general dept.

at Twickenham Park, St. Catherine, JA. # 876-984-3041-5/ 876-749-6457.

no one ever replied to my questions and the numbers does not work as i stated before. i am trying to set up a small ceremony in february, so time is running out on me. i have people in JA trying to speak with pastors, but i want o make sure i bring the righ tdocuments with me.

i have read that all i need is a birth cert., no blood test, no witness needed b/c they will provide, $4000 jmd for the license, and marriage officials can run $50- $250 usd.

but i need to know, since i am Dutch, can I have my birth cert. translated and notary seal as proof of validity? do i need a new xcopy of birth cert. in 2012 or 2013?

this stuff is so confusing.

if you guys and gals know of another agency that is more reliable i would appreciate it.

thanks a lot.!!!!

btw: i spoke with Diane from milk river hotel and she said the roads are fixed. just in case other visitors wants to know :)

13. Re: HELP with hotel choices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 30, 2013