We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP with hotel choices

Which Kingston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
phillipsburg...
HELP with hotel choices

I might be flyng into KIN on Feb.18-28 for the first time. My man's family lives in Clarendon, so obviously he wants to be near them. It doesnt matter to me because I want to see what the island has to offer.

My bro-in-law suggested "Platinum "hotel, but the rooms look very cheapy. He also gave me a price of $20,000 JMD, which I thought was ridiculous!

I saw a cute place in Toll Road (?) called "Palm Bridge" hotel. This one looked more up to par and they specialize in weddings, therefore they must be a busy place with a full time staff. Their website did not provide prices though. The only downfall with that one is the distance from Clarendon.

My question to you guys/gals is, are there any other hotel/motels nearby Clarendon/ May Pen to consider? I realize it is mostly cows and goats there, but that is where my in -laws reside so I must grind my teeth and bare with it :(

Kingston, Jamaica
reviews: 11
1. Re: HELP with hotel choices

you can check out hotel versalles in may pen, i havent been there before but my office does business with them and i havent heard any complaints.

phillipsburg...
2. Re: HELP with hotel choices

thamks Angel

phillipsburg...
3. Re: HELP with hotel choices

Angel, there was many unhappy guest reviews from Hotel Versalles. I think its best to pass on that.

I read reviews on Milk River hotel and they all seemed pleased by the staff and food, of course the free mineral spas!

I would like to see pix of the rooms though, because I like a comfy bed to sleep in. I can pretty much put up with anything else but I need a clean shower and comfy bed!

i will try to google it and see how far in the country side it is. Former guests said the road is long and very bumpy but when you get there its worth it.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
reviews: 53
4. Re: HELP with hotel choices

You might consider staying in Mandeville. Lots more comfortable hotel options there and if you will have a car it's not far along a pretty nice highway.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
5. Re: HELP with hotel choices

PS: Milk River Bath is indeed very remote. You may not want to be driving back and forth to and from in the dark. It could be a lovely place to get away for a night or two, however.

phillipsburg...
6. Re: HELP with hotel choices

thanks ohliz!

what are your thoughts on platinum hotel in clarendon?

negril expert, eh? i sure wish i was staying there instead :(

Kingston, Jamaica
reviews: 22
7. Re: HELP with hotel choices

I would stay in Mandeville rather than Negril. :) but that's just me.

In M'vile look at Mandeville Hotel and Golf View. Both very central with a pool. Functional and modern rather than historic and atmospheric and M'ville is a pleasant town with good shopping and market.

I don't know the hotel at Gimme Me Bit but know it's out near Milk River, so Ohliz's comment about remote would apply to that too. I'm surprised to hear adverse comments about Versalles but haven't been there for some years.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
8. Re: HELP with hotel choices

One more to consider near Mandeville...Tropics View. I toured it a couple of years ago and it's quite comfortable, pool, restaurant, right off the main highway. Large facility hosts weddings and whatnot. Some units have kitchens

http://www.tropicsview.com/

Don't know Platinum Hotel at all. Honestly I've never even slowed down in May Pen. I have been to the Milk River area - down on the coast - and the south coast in general, and Kingston. But not May Pen area other than passing through.

Kingston, Jamaica
reviews: 22
9. Re: HELP with hotel choices

May Pen has a market but not much else in the way of interest. I stay there a while each year with friends, but couldn't recommend it for a visitor. The by pass might be the best thing about May Pen!

phillipsburg...
10. Re: HELP with hotel choices

thanks guys/gals!