We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

strawberry hill?

Which Kingston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 8
strawberry hill?

I am thinking of doing a birthday dinner at strawberry hill for my other half. Is there a dress code and can anyone give me an idea how much dinner may cost and if the food is very good. I hadnt plan to stay the night, but the grounds look absolutely wonderful. I am hoping to make this a very special and romantic birthday.looking forward to any other restaurant suggestion as well in th ekgn area with a similar view and ambiance.

Kingston, Jamaica
reviews: 1
1. Re: strawberry hill?

Great place for a romantic dinner, as far as restaurants go the view and ambiance are unparalleled in Kingston and I would go as far as to say Jamaica.

The property also has interesting linkages to Bob Marley and is owned by Chris Blackwell founder of Island Records. Platinum and Gold records from Island records artists such as U2 and Melissa Etheridge decorate walls along with celeb photos of Chris Blackwell and recording greats.

The food is good. Service decent and minimal attention is paid to dress code. Enjoy!

Toronto
reviews: 11
2. Re: strawberry hill?

Strawberry Hill is gorgeous! I went there for my birthday dinner two years ago. Go early-ish (I think the restuarant opens at 5:00 for dinner) to walk around and admire the grounds and the view while it is still day light. Then enjoy dinner on the verandah with a view of the sun setting over Kingston. The food and service were amazing. The pricing was similar to an nicer type restaurant in Northe America, i.e. $20 for mains.

Way up North
reviews: 1
3. Re: strawberry hill?

Stawberry Hill is an excellent choice! Depending on the time of year you go, you may want to take a sweater. It gets pretty cool up in the mountains.

Here is another restaurant ,you may want to experience on another occasion....

http://boonehalloasisja.com/index.html

Edited: 7:34 pm, October 01, 2012
phillipsburg...
4. Re: strawberry hill?

With all these positive replies, I may want to see this place!

phillipsburg...
5. Re: strawberry hill?

So I may choose to go there for dinner, without staying in the hotel?

Toronto
reviews: 11
6. Re: strawberry hill?

Yes, you can go there for dinner without stay at Strawberry Hill. I believe dinner starts at 5:00. We arrived a bit earlier and walked around the grounds and sat in the bar until dinner service started.

7. Re: strawberry hill?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, December 16, 2013