We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please suggest/advise on hotels, hostels, b&b's...

Which Kingston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Trinidad
Please suggest/advise on hotels, hostels, b&b's...

Hi all,

I have to opportunity of visit Jamaica in May for a friend's wedding. The wedding will be at the Mona Campus, University of the West Indies.

I am looking for an affordable, SAFE place while I'm in Kingston. [If it is fairly close to the University, that would also be an advantage.]

Please suggest/advise on hotels, hostels, b&b's guesthouses, etc...

any help will be greatly appreciated. I am really looking forward to this trip as I really need this break. :)

Thanks in advance.

Jamaica
1. Re: Please suggest/advise on hotels, hostels, b&b's...

Hi, I'm a student of the University of the West Indies. If your friend's wedding will be at UWI then he/she should be able to get guest discounts at the Mona Visitors Lodge which is on the campus. It's a really great place, great atmosphere, great scenery, great food and the list goes on.. so that's an option. Next, for an affordable stay not too far from UWI I'd suggest Altamont Court Hotel or Knutsford Court Hotel. You can check them out at these websites: visitorslodge.uwimona.edu.jm/uwi_mona.htm

www.altamontcourt.com, www.knutsfordcourt.com,

Hope this helps... enjoy ur time in my country!

Kingston, Jamaica
reviews: 2
2. Re: Please suggest/advise on hotels, hostels, b&b's...

You can also check out Crystar Villas located on Hope Road (approx. 10 mins. from UWI). Sandhurst Hotel also 10 mins. from the campus is an affordable hotel.

Hey Hazeleyes-I am also a UWI student-IR/Pol. Sci. First year

Trinidad
3. Re: Please suggest/advise on hotels, hostels, b&b's...

thanx! this really helps!

i'll check them out and hopefully choose a safe place! I know i'll have a great time!

:)