We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Kingston to Ocho rios

Which Kingston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Travelling from Kingston to Ocho rios

I will be travelling from Kingston airport to Ocho Rios as BA stops flying into mbj before I am travelling. Any suggestions as I am travelling alone, meeting other wedding guests on my arrival at the hotel.

United States
reviews: 60
1. Re: Travelling from Kingston to Ocho rios

There is a bus that runs from downtown Kingston to Montego Bay. It is low cost and it stops in Ocho Rios on the way. You will need a taxi from the airport to downtown Kingston and another taxi from downtown Ocho Rios to your hotel. You need to check the schedule to see it this options works for you or not.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147309-c140533/Jamai…

A second option is to get a van transfer. This will be a private transfer where you pay one price for the van with 1 to 4 people. It will take about 2 hr. depending on road conditions and your hotel. The cost should be about $US150 one way (for only 1 persion I rate it as rather expensive). There are several companies that will do this trip but you should reserve ahead.

London, United...
2. Re: Travelling from Kingston to Ocho rios

Thank you. I've found a company called Karandas Tours that charges $120 for 1-6 persons. They won't budge on that regardless of it only being one person but at least they seem reputable and my family prefer me to be safe even if it's going to cost me more. I'm just hoping that they'll have a sign, so that I'll be able to spot them in the mayhem!! Coming home won't be an issue as I'm travelling back with others. Thanks again!! Any more tips would be welcomed.

United States
reviews: 60
3. Re: Travelling from Kingston to Ocho rios

For some tips:

See the following for money questions

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147309-c140152/Jamai…

See the following for water questions

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147309-c159330/Jamai…

See the following for dress questions

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147309-c150857/Jamai…

See the following for electrical questions

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147309-c145172/Jamai…

Kingston, Jamaica
reviews: 13
4. Re: Travelling from Kingston to Ocho rios

you can take a taxi from airport (20$) ask the driver to take you to new kingston Knutford Express bus stop. You can take that into Oche Rios ($22), You should not be too far from your hotel once on Main Street in Ochi where the Express lefts you off.

Edited: 2:56 am, February 28, 2012
London, United...
5. Re: Travelling from Kingston to Ocho rios

Thank you for your reply but as I am travelling on my own, I think that I'm going to stick to the option of getting a tour bus to pick me up from the airport. When I get more "Jamaica savvy!!", I'll consider that option.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
reviews: 43
6. Re: Travelling from Kingston to Ocho rios

"Karandas Tours that charges $120 for 1-6 persons. "

Fine price IMO and probably your best stress-free option, straight from airport to hotel, and I bet you can make a stop along the way if you like. Faith's Pen is a nice one for Jamaican style fast food and a drink.

The Knutsford bus is lovely but only has about 3 scheduled trips per day and you'd still have to taxi from the airport to the terminal in New Kingston and then taxi to your Ochi hotel.

Kingston, Jamaica
reviews: 13
7. Re: Travelling from Kingston to Ocho rios

you can also contact Jamaica tour guide to find out how much they charge

Dartmouth, United...
reviews: 9
8. Re: Travelling from Kingston to Ocho rios

Hi there,

Just to say I did this journey morning with the Knutsford Express and it was a good standard of Bus (like a Greyhound in Oz or US / National Express in UK) - certainly the poshest type of bus I saw out there (and I think it would be the equivalent to about $15 US. Would recommend travel sickness pills though - much of Jamaica involves very windy mountain roads!

Curacao, Zulia...
reviews: 2
9. Re: Travelling from Kingston to Ocho rios

Tnx for your info. I will like to know that the shared van is $120,- per person, or is it $120,- : 6 = $20 for 6 persons?? In other words, doesn't matter the amount of people the price is $120,-.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
reviews: 43
10. Re: Travelling from Kingston to Ocho rios

I'd guess the latter, $120 for 1-6. Same amount of gas and driver time to take one person or 6.