We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FDR Peebles-Did I make a big mistake?

Cincinnati
FDR Peebles-Did I make a big mistake?

My husband and I are traveling to Jamaica March 29-April 5 (7 nights). I booked at FDR Peebles after reading how child friendly it is. I have become very worried. My dilema is this: I want my kids ages 12, 11, and 5 to have a great time, but my husband and I like to drink good wine and eat at nice restaurants. We usually stay in nice condos when we go to Florida over Spring Break and eat at great restaurants. Our only other experience with Jamaica was in a private home (before kids) with a full staff. I understand that things are different, but I don't want to be complaining the whole week about the mosquitoes, food, wine and lack of fun for adults. We are a very friendly family and have met many nice families while vacationing. I don't want a stuffy resort, but I expect a certain quality. How are the rooms, food, workout equipment, etc? I am training for a marathon so I need to run long distances.

Please help me decide if we made a big mistake. God bless and thank you.

Nova Scotia
reviews: 9
1. Re: FDR Peebles-Did I make a big mistake?

I was just there Feb 21-28. They assign you a nanny to look after your kids for the whole weeks. They'll love it. I drank merlot all week. It was good. They ahve 3 treadmills. One was broken when I was there. The workout room is air condiitoned but you might have to take your own controller from your room to turn on the air conditioner in the workout room. Food is good. No sickness while I was there. There are night shows but they're more family focused. There is a disco but we went to bed every night about 9-10pm so we never saw it. I'm sure you'll like it.

Pittsburgh Pa
reviews: 1
2. Re: FDR Peebles-Did I make a big mistake?

I was at FDR Pebbles last July. This was supposed to be the worst time for mosquitoes. I did not have a problem. No one in my family of eight came home with bites. FDR is very nice. The beach is very,very small and rocky. But it goes on for miles past other resorts. Take a walk up to bambo village. You will like it. You kids will really like it. The food is Ok. You will not starve. It is not 5 star. If this is what you are expecting. Sorry. Give it 3 star. Make the best of it. It's Jamaica! We were upgraded to to a oceanfront. The room was lovely cedar wood. Fresh flowers in your bathroom everyday. You should enjoy it.