We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free Week at Sandals

Which Jamaica hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rochester, NY
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
reviews: 55
Free Week at Sandals

I have been all over the place, and I just can't decide where to take our free week! I know, what a great problem to have! : )

I had decided on Sandals Grande St Lucian, but the air is going to be at least $600 more, and that's if I find a deal, and there's not many options out there, making it harder to find a good price. There's only two flights that get me home the same day. And once we get there, it is almost two hours to the resort. And the resort is priced pretty high, which would be a good place to use the free week, but we were there in 2010, and the price was more than $1000 less than it is now. I don't think there have been any renovations or anything like that for the price increase, have there? We stayed at La Toc that time, and that resort is more than $1000 more expensive now, too.

I would also like to give St Lucia a second chance because the last time we were there was right after Hurricane Tomas, and the island had no water, lots of roads were closed, trees were down, etc.

My other choice is Sandals Royal Caribbean. We haven't been there since 2008, it would be right near the airport, and the total cost for us to get there could be under $1000. We have always meant to go there again, but SGR is our favorite, and is usually cheaper than SRC, so we normally go back to SGR instead. So taking our free week at SRC would definitely get us there, I really liked the rooms there, and of course we could visit SMB and SCI. And I think Martha Brae river rafting is near there, too, which I would like to do.

So, it would probably be $1000 less to go to SRC rather than St Lucia. My only concern is that if we don't do St Lucia again now, we probably never will because it is unlikely it will be this cheap again (until our next free week, lol!). However, if we save the $1000 on our free week, we could use that toward a second trip next year, and I think I'd rather go on vacation twice than go to St Lucia once.

And I forgot this one big factor, there were no deals at St Lucia's liquor store at the airport!!! No Appleton 12, no Cocomania, how can I survive??? :)

Any thoughts? Thanks! :)

Rochester, NY
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
21. Re: Free Week at Sandals

@Too Cold Our airport is 20 minutes away, so 3 hours seems long, lol! Crossing the border is more my concern. The flights leave around 6am, so we'd need to leave at midnight. Not sure I want to do that, but I will definitely look. However, the flight out of Rochester is looking great right now, so I might just stick to that.

We are booking SGSL for our free week today!!!! :D

Rochester, NY
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
22. Re: Free Week at Sandals

We are officially booked at SGSL!!! Thanks to all of you for helping to talk me into St Lucia. :)

Haverhill...
reviews: 21
23. Re: Free Week at Sandals

Congrats!!! Did you add any nights or upgrade your level? Now hopefully you can grab that good flight price that you had found!

Rochester, NY
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
24. Re: Free Week at Sandals

We booked the air, too! Didn't want to chance it!

No upgrades, but hoping to take the helicopter on the way there. Kind of scared, but I'd love the see the views! Might as well spend the extra money on it on our free week. :)

nova scotia
reviews: 50
25. Re: Free Week at Sandals

awesome BSBgirl... looking forward to your review upon your return from SGSL for your freebie week - friends of ours took the heli and said that is the only way to go!

Enjoy

26. Re: Free Week at Sandals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 28, 2014