We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Package Deals to Guadeloupe?

New Jersey, US
reviews: 11
Package Deals to Guadeloupe?

We went to Guadeloupe this past April and had a wonderful time. We (2 adults, 2 children) would love to go back but I'm worried about how expensive it is - airfare seems higher, and now the dollar:euro is even worse. Does anyone have any suggestions for Travel Agents that specialize in Guadeloupe or discount packages that might be available?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

New York City, New...
reviews: 10
1. Re: Package Deals to Guadeloupe?

Not sure how far away you are coming from but we got tickets from NYC for $625 each. $511.00 for our 2 year old. To save on accomodation we gtot a villa at a place called Gites de Mahogany's de May. for $300 Euros for 1 week. It is located in St. Francois. We leave next Tuesday so I'll check it out and let you know if it is nice.

Here is a link to the website. Good luck.

http://www.giteslesmahoganys.com/

New Jersey, US
2. Re: Package Deals to Guadeloupe?

hi and thanks - we have 2 school-age children who are learning French so instead of renting private accommodation which would definitely be cheaper, we'd rather stay in a hotel with a "kids club" so the kids get an immersion experience rather than speaking English with us; unfortunately the type of hotel that offers this is always in a much more expensive category; but I'm still looking because we loved the island and would like to go back.

New Jersey, US
3. Re: Package Deals to Guadeloupe?

sunrisecarib - how was your trip?

Atlanta
4. Re: Package Deals to Guadeloupe?

Hi,

You might look into renting a villa in St. Anne, and then sending the kids to the nearby ClubMed for the daytime activities. It would be a much cheaper option than staying at ClubMed. Just a thought.

New Jersey, US
5. Re: Package Deals to Guadeloupe?

thanks - I actually thought of this option and emailed club med Guadeloupe directly but they said kids can't do the kids club unless they're guests there.

oh well....

Atlanta
6. Re: Package Deals to Guadeloupe?

Hey,

Did you look into PIerre et Vacances, also in St. Anne? It's similar to ClubMed with activitiies, etc... You might look into a similar arrangement, with a rental in St Anne and sending the kids to P&V during the day.

All my Best....

los angeles
7. Re: Package Deals to Guadeloupe?

Hi, we are also planning to go to Guadeloupe and La Desirade in June 2007- have any of u been there at that time of year and can u recommend places to stay- We want to be near the beaches but as we know very little about Guadeloupe we need as much advice as we can get. We love the idea of staying in Gites or a small hotel rather than a club med

Thanks

Lianne

8. Re: Package Deals to Guadeloupe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 pm, August 25, 2009