We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals LaSource - Q about steps

Which St. George's hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bucks, UK
reviews: 25
Sandals LaSource - Q about steps

I felt sure I posted this earlier this afternoon - if I did, it has disappeared so I'll ask again if I may (although I did originally ask the question on Jo's "Pictures" thread but thought it should have a thread of its own).

My question is: What is the resort like for access to restaurants, and around the resort generally, for wheelchair users like me? I hear somewhere that one of the restaurants has about 20 steps leading up to it, which would be somewhat of a nuisance to say the least. Many thanks in advance.

Oh, and which is the main/best restaurant for breakfast? (I have since read that Spices is considered to be best for both breakfast and lunch).

See, food - sometimes even seafood - is always my top priority!!

Bucks, UK
1. Re: Sandals LaSource - Q about steps

Oh dear, my first attempt IS here, further down the page. So sorry...

East Aurora, New...
reviews: 3
2. Re: Sandals LaSource - Q about steps

Both the French restaurant and spices have about 20 steps leading up, spices was our least favorite so you're not missing out on too much. The French restaurant however is extraordinary so if you are able Iwould try to vventure up once. The Italian does breakfast which I thought was far better than spices as it has a french toast, pancake, omelet and egg to order station. You still have Neptune's and Dino pizza for lunch, out of 10 days my huzzy and I only had lunch at spices once, we preferred dinos and Neptune's. hope that helps

Bucks, UK
3. Re: Sandals LaSource - Q about steps

Thank you Julia, that is indeed very helpful.

I shall certainly make every effort to get to the French restaurant, now that I know it is so good.

I'm not totally confined to my wheels - I could haul myself up those steps as long as there's a handrail. But it is embarrassing and means the chair would have to stay at the bottom of the stairs, or Mr Batty would have to flex his mighty muscles and carry it up!

Thanks again :)

London, United...
reviews: 35
4. Re: Sandals LaSource - Q about steps

I am sure there will be a nice hunky waiter to assist you!

Bucks, UK
5. Re: Sandals LaSource - Q about steps

That is my life-long hope, Diane! LOL!

6. Re: Sandals LaSource - Q about steps

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, February 17, 2015
Get answers to your questions about St. George's