We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Grenada, Caribbean

Which St. George's hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Yateley, Hampshire
Hotels in Grenada, Caribbean

Can anyone reccomend a hotel in Grenada where we can take my 17 year old daughter. She is not after lots of busy nightlife but would prefer it if there were other people around her own age. The reviews I have read of many of the hotels all seem to be written by couples. Maybe this is not the island for us to visit as a family? Has anyone taken teenagers here and which is the best hotel for them. We have been going to Windjammer Landing, St. Lucia for our last few holidays, and although we really love it there, we thought we would try somewhere else. On reading the reviews about Grenada though, I am thinking maybe we should stick with what we know. Can anyone advise please? Would appreciate your views!

Toronto
reviews: 38
1. Re: Hotels in Grenada, Caribbean

There are two areas which may be suitable - Grand Anse, which is the tourist hotspot and Lance Aux Epines where the yacht crowd hangs out. I don't have specific resort recommendations I just know your daughter is more likely to encounter people her age in these two areas. Grenada is very beautiful and IMO less poverty stricken than St Lucia. I love St Lucia, however Grenada is a very close second. There is lots to do for active vacationers and it is much easier to get around the island than St Lucia.

Toronto, Canada
2. Re: Hotels in Grenada, Caribbean

Coyaba Hotel or Flamboyant Hotel on Grand Anse beach might be best. Both central and in the 'busier' area. Coyaba is right smack in the middle of Grand Anse Beach, Flamboyant Hotel is at the end. Grenada is a little more quiet but sure you will find lots to do as a family.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Grenada, St. George's
reviews: 33
3. Re: Hotels in Grenada, Caribbean

Ageee with the recommendation of Coyaba and Flamboyant. She is more likely to meet other kids around her age or college students on Grand Anse. Umbrella's beach bar next to Coyaba is where the SGU students hang out.

trinidad
reviews: 7
4. Re: Hotels in Grenada, Caribbean

Have you looked at Tobago?

St. George's...
reviews: 1
5. Re: Hotels in Grenada, Caribbean

I agree with a hotel on Grand Ans Beach! I'm 18 and have lived here my whole life. Although my parents have the Maca Bana Villas if she is looking to meet new people it will definitely be at this gorgeous beach! Don't pass up the chance to come explore Grenada! It's beautiful and you guys will have an awesome time!

St. George's...
6. Re: Hotels in Grenada, Caribbean

I travel to almost every hotel on a daily basis and base on who i see there, i'll recommend the Flamboyant Resort, Grenada Grand Beach Resort, Coyaba Resort & True Blue Bay Resort. during the day time you can walk from either Coyaba Resort or Grand Beach Resort to Umbrella's Bar, Monday nights Flamboyant Resort has live crab racing where your daughter will find plenty ppl around her age group hanging there, Wednesday night @ True Blue Bay Resort (dodgy dock).

UK
reviews: 83
7. Re: Hotels in Grenada, Caribbean

I cannot help about a 17 year old we travelled with younger children but thought I.d give my opinion anyway. We have been to many Caribbean islands including grenada got married in Antigua and came back from st Lucia 2 weeks ago and others too and our favourite and one we would highly recommend is grenada. Its wonderful the people, safety, easy to get around, craft shops, beaches just a few reasons. The beaches are 100times better than st Lucia and grenada isn't as touristy as other islands its not spoilt and set up specifically for tourists like some islands. We loved st Lucia and its a beautiful island but would not go again grenada comes up on top and we would keep visiting. Lots of trips to go on including visiting other islands we went to Carriacou def worth a trip. there isn't lots of night life but its there if you want it and most of it on the beach.

We stayed just the grenadian rex which is a 5 minute drive to grand anse we hired a car so a that was good but we loved it with its uncrowded beach and we liked just being that distance away

Edited: 4:26 pm, June 24, 2013
8. Re: Hotels in Grenada, Caribbean

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, June 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about St. George's