We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant recommendations

Which St. George's hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stockholm
reviews: 28
Restaurant recommendations

We are staying in a rental villa in Westerhall area in the south part of the island. We are staying for 9 nights and guess we need to travel some for gettting our dinners.

We are both foodies but it don't have to be expansive to be a good meal. I love places with atmosphere. Could you come up with some medium range and top range recommendations for your favourite places.

I have read about having your dinner cooked in your villa by the housemaid. Is this common, just having to ask in advance? Sounds relaxing for a night or two.

What is a typical grenadian lunch meal/snack?

Lots of questions but I can't wait to escape from the darkness and freeze in northern europe.

Toronto, Canada
1. Re: Restaurant recommendations

Trip Advisors Ratings for Grenada restaurants on very much on par. Look it up and try them. You will probably find yourself alot in the St. George's area, but it's not far from you, about 15 minutes. Eating out is a must. There are lots of good restaurants.

Having dinner cooked at home is always a must try. Ask them what they recommend. Local dishes: Callaloo soup, Oil down, Stew chicken, Plantain, stew peas, stew pumpkin. Fish broth. Really good!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Grenada, St. George's
reviews: 33
2. Re: Restaurant recommendations

My favorite places are:

Boots Cuisine - A must not miss for us when we visit. A truly unique experience. A small family restaurant run out of their front verandah serving local cuisine. Dinner is prixe fix - 90EC a year ago for soup, small appetizer, entree with provisions, and dessert. Lunch is very local and runs about 15-20EC. Boots and his lovely wife Ruby are wonderful people.

Rhodes @ the Calabash hotel - We like this place for upscale dining.

Aquarium or Beach House - Nice atmosphere, good food.

La Sagesse - Good food. We've only been during lunch as we never make it out here for dinner. But we continue to go back.

I am sure if you ask your housekeeper in advance to cook you a meal they would be happy to! Grenadians are great cooks. If you can, do try to have their national dish called oildown. Stew chicken is very good too, or stew fish, rice n beans, plantains, callaloo, breadfruit. Oh you should try the callaloo soup! Yummy!

If you enjoy local juices, do swing by the Spiceland Mall. At the food court there is a juice place that makes refreshing smoothies from local fruits. I particuarly love the golden apple, soursop, pawpaw, and cantaloupe.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Grenada, St. George's
reviews: 33
3. Re: Restaurant recommendations

I have some photos of restaurants & their menus from 2011. It will give you an idea of the food

imageevent.com/kajugo/oct2011grenadadining

Stockholm
reviews: 28
4. Re: Restaurant recommendations

Thank you for great recommendations!

London, United...
reviews: 9
5. Re: Restaurant recommendations

Yes, thank you Pigsterz. Very useful information indeed.

6. Re: Restaurant recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 24, 2013
Get answers to your questions about St. George's