We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

recommendations for Oliver's and the Aquarium restaurant?

Which St. George's hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 153
recommendations for Oliver's and the Aquarium restaurant?

What are your favourite dishes on their menus?

Thanks for any of your comments!

Edited: 11:27 am, February 15, 2010
Crozet, VA
reviews: 5
1. Re: recommendations for Oliver's and the Aquarium restaurant?

I have never eaten at Olivers but love the Sunday BBQ at the Aquarium especially the rare grilled tuna or the lobster with a side order of grilled tomatoes. The lobster thermidor is also very good. The Aquarium is one of our favorites. If you go at night, be sure to go early so that you can enjoy the setting - it is on the beach with large rocks making the back wall of the restaurant.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Grenada, St. George's
reviews: 33
2. Re: recommendations for Oliver's and the Aquarium restaurant?

Oliver's is table d'hote service which is a multi course menu that changes daily. The main entree choices typically include a seafood, meat, and vegetarian entree. I've found the meat entree to be more tasty than the seafood entrees.

London
reviews: 38
3. Re: recommendations for Oliver's and the Aquarium restaurant?

We stayed at Spice Island Resort for two weeks last June and ate at Olivers every night. The menu is fairly small each day but we were always able to find something we enjoyed. The service was as good as a London restuarant.

We particularly liked the use of local, in season produce. It was a little strange to find things we take for granted every day were out of season and had not been shipped in. I tried things I had not eaten before and found I really enjoy rabbit!!

All in all its well worth a visit.

We are staying at Maca Bana for two weeks in May this year and so will be trying the Aquarium, really looking forward to that.

Edited: 6:40 am, February 16, 2010
Toronto, Canada
4. Re: recommendations for Oliver's and the Aquarium restaurant?

Thanks for all your comments- much appreciated ;-)

Toronto, Canada
5. Re: recommendations for Oliver's and the Aquarium restaurant?

Got back from Grenada, and enjoyed many meals at Oliver's, and 2 meals at the Aquarium.

The clientele at Oliver's was predominantly British, and the clientele at the Aquarium was predominantly American when we were there.

I enjoyed the fried calamari, seafood salad, and fish soup at the Aquarium. I did try the lambi (conch) curry at the Aquarium- while it was a nice curry, I can't say I'm a lambi convert! But I checked it off my list!

At Oliver's, I enjoyed the dinners more than the breakfasts. I loved the chocolate spice brulee, and a caramel glass box dessert- as well as many soups, and starters. Each day the menu changed, but there was always a choice of 2 appetizers, 2 soups (1 chilled, 1 hot), a salad or sorbet, and 5 mains (usually 2 seafood, 1 veg, 1 poultry and 1 meat). At least a few local vegetables were featured each night in one form or another- calalloo, dasheen, christophene, seamoss, sorrel, green paw paw, breadfruit, etc! As well as Grenadian chocolate! 2 types of housemade ice cream and 1 sorbet was offered each night, as well. Very creamy ice cream. I tried the nutmeg ice cream as recommended- very nice, but not as heavy on the nutmeg as I expected!

An amuse bouche, as well as a plate of bite-size sweets were also included each night at Oliver's!

Nice service at both restaurants, but more formal at Oliver's.

Also had a nice Creole lunch at Helvellyn House as part of a tour.

6. Re: recommendations for Oliver's and the Aquarium restaurant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:27 am, September 04, 2010
Get answers to your questions about St. George's