We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grenada Grand Beach Resort/Radisson?

Ellicott City...
reviews: 42
Grenada Grand Beach Resort/Radisson?

Anyone been at this property recently? I was curious as to the status of construction. Has it been completed? Is the hotel now a Radisson? And is it any nicer than when it was the old Grenada Grand? Thanks for any info!

9 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 14
1. Re: Grenada Grand Beach Resort/Radisson?

I am headed there soon as was wondering the same thing. How is constriction going? Does anyone here have tips on how to get the best room. I want to make sure that our room is updated as can be and I want to avoid constriction debris. Any suggestions?

New York City, New...
reviews: 12
2. Re: Grenada Grand Beach Resort/Radisson?

I will be there late January and will write a review. It does appear it is now an official Radisson as its listed on the corporate website.

Lewes, Delaware
reviews: 6
3. Re: Grenada Grand Beach Resort/Radisson?

I"d like to know also. We are getting absolutely nowhere talking to Radisson customer service personnel. Not returning our phone calls; transferring us to voice mail., In fact, three days ago my wife got an email from a customer service rep telling her that phone service was not working at that hotel and his only contact wouldn't be back until Jan 2 or 3. So the rep couldn't answer the question as to whether or not construction was done until that date. Beginning to wonder.

New York City, New...
reviews: 10
4. Re: Grenada Grand Beach Resort/Radisson?

We have just returned from five nights at this property and my suggestion is: if your cancellation policy allows, you should seriously consider staying elsewhere. We were assured all construction was complete--this is not so and on that basis I would not take their word for it when asked now or weeks from now. After an incredibly long day/evening of delayed flights & connecting flights, we were literally yelled at by a staff member upon requesting food on our arrival-- half an hour before the kitchen closed. She refused to give us menus. The place was total chaos during our stay: hotel keys stopped working and we were told that a part had to shipped from Texas. Said part never showed up and at any given time of day, there were hordes of irate people in the lobby, some of whom were waiting for up to an hour, to be let into their room. Not so much as a complimentary refreshment was offered as people waited during this tremendous inconvenience. One bell boy was tasked with helping people get in, it was ridiculous in such a huge property. Our safe stopped working. Nobody bothered to return calls or address it. On day 3 it seems the hotel ran out of clean towels and none were replaced, nor were the basic toiletries. Apologies for the long complaint list but still irate over how our holiday went and would like others to avoid similar disappointment. Needless to say, we will never return nor can we ever recommend it. Check recent reviews if in doubt.

Lewes, Delaware
reviews: 6
5. Re: Grenada Grand Beach Resort/Radisson?

Is anybody from Radisson Corporate headquarters reading these reviews? Does anybody at Radisson care? What say you - please explain and defend your product.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 1
6. Re: Grenada Grand Beach Resort/Radisson?

We never write reviews, but thought we should share our experience with the Radisson, which is exactly the same as "Snowfatigued" review. We booked for an ocean view room, which was unavailable due to renos. We asked for early check-in and arrived at 12, but waited in the lobby until 2:30 to finally get a room. The desk said, you should be happy we have people that have been waiting since 8am. The customer service is horrible, and so was the food. I might not say cancel your reservation, but be prepared for long waits in the lobby and poor customer service.

reviews: 5
7. Re: Grenada Grand Beach Resort/Radisson?

I mailed Radisson they said its a franchise and the can not influence how it is run,

St. George's...
8. Re: Grenada Grand Beach Resort/Radisson?

my knowledge about this property is abit confusing. its has one of the largest hotel properties on the island, this hotel has changed names numerous times, but the same service is provided. I think this problems falls under the owners who does not want to invest and upgrade this hotel. The only construction i noticed recently was the changing of the name and the upgrade in the lobby area. Many guest had complain about the old section of the hotel is a wreck vs the newer part. I guess its based on which wing they have you for.

Grenada
reviews: 93
9. Re: Grenada Grand Beach Resort/Radisson?

Just "ouch" really.

I stayed there years ago when it was the holiday inn, it was the number one big hotel on the island then, and it does have an enviable location but its now pretty old and looks a bit shabby. Needs a proper makeover i suspect, which isnt going to happen unless its bought by a decent chain. Grenada needs a proper luxury chain like oberoi or shangri la to set up. They could make a fortune there.

Reply to: Grenada Grand Beach Resort/Radisson?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted