We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caribbean airlines

East Aurora, New...
Caribbean airlines

This coming January will be our first time traveling on Caribbean Air and I was curious as to, what is everyone's opinion of the airline. I've read that they weigh your carry on and if its more than 7kg/16lbs then you have to pay a fee.. Has anyone ever experienced this?? Also we were hoping to upgrade our coach tix to business for the 6hr flight, so do they usually offer upgrades (I know it depends on if they have unsold tix, but some airlines have an option right online and I didn't see anything pertaining to it) and any suggestions on getting one? I'm most concerned about the carry on bc I like to pack two nights worth of cloths, necessities, and valuables (just incase my bag decides to take a different vaca). Thanks!

Rochester NY USA
reviews: 5
1. Re: Caribbean airlines

Where are flying out of ?

Toronto
reviews: 66
2. Re: Caribbean airlines

We flew Caribbean home last time in Grenada ( to Toronto direct) and found it a nice ride. A 737 aircraft so 3 x 3 seating, but we had enough room to be comfortable for the flight. Service was typically Caribbean, very friendly and if I recall, we were offered a hot meal. Don't recall the carry on bags being weighed.

Bottom line, I'd fly with them again

boston
reviews: 1
3. Re: Caribbean airlines

We flew out if JFK and it was a very smooth process. We usually only travel w carry on (even for two weeks!!) and going down they said my carry on was too heavy so they made me check it w no fee. Everything worked out and I will definitely fly with them again.

East Aurora, New...
4. Re: Caribbean airlines

I'm flying out of Toronto

East Aurora, New...
5. Re: Caribbean airlines

I'm glad everyone had a positive experience, thanks for the input!

Toronto, Canada
6. Re: Caribbean airlines

Very Good! The best part it's direct.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 2
7. Re: Caribbean airlines

Flew out of Toronto to Grenada yesterday 1 August and they did weigh my carry on, i suspect because it was a full flight as locals returning home for Carnival not a spare seat in sight. I was within the weight limits for my carry on so no problem, also did the web checkin prior so at airport was a 3 min checkin from the curb to the security checkpoint. Service was good and you get a hot meal on the 5 hour flight. Non stop to Grenada so all fine. enjoy your trip.

East Aurora, New...
8. Re: Caribbean airlines

Thank you! That makes perfect sense on the inconsistencies on weighing. I'll just cross my fingers that because I'm taking the red eye it won't be packed. If not, it won't be too bad since we get the two checked bags free.

9. Re: Caribbean airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 05, 2014