We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Large group of young professionals - 2.5 days...no plans

Birmingham, Alabama
Large group of young professionals - 2.5 days...no plans

Hello, I am heading up a group of 15 young professionals (24-30 yrs) from the U.S. on a service/medical related trip in mid-May. We are planning on staying in the Grande Anse Beach/St. George's area and we will have two and 1/2 days of "vacation" down there. We will handle the business side of things Mon-Wed, then have all day Thursday, Friday, and half day Saturday free.

Most of our energy is going to be focused on the business aspect of the trip, but I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for fun (budget) activities for a group that size. Good bars, restaurants and daytime activities would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Grenada, St. George's
reviews: 33
11. Re: Large group of young professionals - 2.5 days...no plans

Fish Friday should be up and running then. Just check on it again as the date gets closer.

Westerhall, Grenada
12. Re: Large group of young professionals - 2.5 days...no plans

Depending on how you feel you could use Thursday for something like doing a island tour (yes its possible in one day). You can go up on the east side and visit rum distilleries such as Westerhall rum - then continue to La Sagese where you can get food/drink from the restaurant or just visit the beach there. Continuing up that east coast has loads of other activities which you can stop at, another is Bathway beach and the chocolate factory i believe.

Coming back down the other side you can visit concord falls and if you time it right you will have the sunset for most of the trip back down south - stop at the sunset bar to watch it or if you have more time then head all the way back down south to quarantine point - where sunsets can be viewed at their best (and is also close to home which is good because you will probably be exhausted).

There are many places to go and see in a day trip and iv only given a few of the options available (Grand Etang is another, Hot springs, other waterfalls, Belmont plantation)- but it will mean renting a car or getting a tour guide which might be the better option.

Another option instead of fish Friday or in addition to it, could be to head to victory bar at port Louis. Great food with a great atmosphere, do a little research and you will see. There's also a bar at the same location called Yolo which should get pretty lively on a Friday but will probably end around 1am, after which many people will head to bananas - a club/bar in True Blue which is popular with medical/vet students, locals and tourists.

For Saturday, something i do before leaving is head to the airport with my bags and check in, then you can go to aquarium restaurant which is close by and spend your last few hours eating great food on the beach wondering why you are leaving heaven.

Also, if you haven't been before i should point out that Grenada is a very friendly place - ask for advice, most will be happy to help!

Toronto, Canada
13. Re: Large group of young professionals - 2.5 days...no plans

Must try Hashing on Saturdays. Basically a hike or run, that can be anywhere on the Island. A great way to see Grenada. Check with their website or facebook - Grenada Hash House Harriers. Some can be a little difficult, but fun.

Also sailing on Shadowfax, a great way to see the island from the Sea! Really beautiful. And check out the underwater sculptures.

Bring masks and snorkels!

14. Re: Large group of young professionals - 2.5 days...no plans

The Siesta Hotel is nice and very reasonably priced. Its located close to Grand Anse and Spiceland Mall.

Birmingham, Alabama
15. Re: Large group of young professionals - 2.5 days...no plans

I just wanted to update now that our trip is over.

Our group chose the Kings Tower and I'm glad we did. The family that operates it did an amazing job for us. The hotel is newly renovated. It is not on most of the typical online searches you'll see. I found them by contacting a local realtor who was very helpful. They do have a website and facebook page.

At the Kings Tower we got an excellent price and the service and accommodations were great. There was always coffee and plenty of food for us in the mornings. The air conditioning worked well and everyone really enjoyed the pool after a long day. With 16 people it was almost like our own beach house.

The staff went above and beyond to take care of anything we needed: meals, meetings, whatever. One of their staff even drove me to the airport when I had something come up. I will definitely be staying there again whenever I make it back. Great place and good people.

Birmingham, Alabama
16. Re: Large group of young professionals - 2.5 days...no plans

I just wanted to update now that our trip is over.

Our group chose the Kings Tower and I'm glad we did. The family that operates it did an amazing job for us. The hotel is newly renovated. It is not on most of the typical online searches you'll see. I found them by contacting a local realtor who was very helpful. They do have a website and facebook page.

At the Kings Tower we got an excellent price and the service and accommodations were great. There was always coffee and plenty of food for us in the mornings. The air conditioning worked well and everyone really enjoyed the pool after a long day. With 16 people it was almost like our own beach house.

The staff went above and beyond to take care of anything we needed: meals, meetings, whatever. One of their staff even drove me to the airport when I had something come up. I will definitely be staying there again whenever I make it back. Great place and good people.

Michigan
reviews: 24
17. Re: Large group of young professionals - 2.5 days...no plans

Where the heck is it? I couldn't find anything on it anywhere. Does it have another name? I couldn't find a web page or anything on TripAdvisor???? The UTube video I saw just showed the pool area?

Edited: 5:14 pm, September 16, 2013
UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
reviews: 70
18. Re: Large group of young professionals - 2.5 days...no plans

https://www.facebook.com/KingsTowerGD

the youtube thing's a bit odd though...

Michigan
reviews: 24
19. Re: Large group of young professionals - 2.5 days...no plans

Thanks it looks small & very self-contained but sufficient. We stayed @ Hideaway Apartments & it had a bigger kitchen but only ONE sourse of hot water, so we had to boil the kettle to wash dishes. It was on the water tho so we enjoyed sunsets & the beach was within walking distance. I personally love Grenada, the people and the bus routes are so easy & fun!

Edited: 10:13 am, September 22, 2013
20. Re: Large group of young professionals - 2.5 days...no plans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 24, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Grenada