We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Sagesse and Gardenia cottage

Canada
reviews: 2
La Sagesse and Gardenia cottage

We are looking for a nic place to stay while in Grenada heard La Sageese and Gardenia cottage were nice. Am looking for some feedback from someone who has stayed there. Help

Alaska
reviews: 14
1. Re: La Sagesse and Gardenia cottage

I do not know of Gardenia cottage, but we love La Sagesse and always make it a few day stop during our stay. We have not stayed there, but have been welcomed to their beach and wonderful restaurant, looked at the rooms, and decided next trip that will be our home base for at least part of our trip. The owners are wonderful. It will be a most relaxing vacation!

Canada
2. Re: La Sagesse and Gardenia cottage

Thanks for that, this will be our first time there and are undecided as to where to stay. Some places like Lasagesse do not have a/c rooms just fans and we are not sure about how well that will keep our room at night

Devon, UK
reviews: 13
3. Re: La Sagesse and Gardenia cottage

La Saggesse is lovely, not seen the rooms but have spent two separate days there on their beach, and had lunch and it is really beautiful, but is out of the way and you would either need to hire a car or use taxis if you wanted to visit anywhere else in Grenada.

Alaska
reviews: 14
4. Re: La Sagesse and Gardenia cottage

I had thought the same thing about La Sagesse with no a/c, that is one thing that has kept us from staying there before. But, the reviews are always good and I haven't heard of anyone uncomfortable. Also, I think a few of their rooms now have a/c. You could write and ask.

Yes, La Sagesse is a bit of a distance from places - so you would want to rent a car, budget for taxi fare, or stay there a few nights, and elsewhere in town for the rest of your stay. I know we spent enough in taxi fare going there on different days (on each of our trips) that we should have just stayed there for a part of our vacation to enjoy it and get it out of our system. You can also walk to another resort nearby from La Sagesse - Bel Air Plantation Resort (which we also love and have stayed there).

It is a don't miss kind of beach experience. (We did get married there in 2006 for that very reason!) Have fun :)

Canada
5. Re: La Sagesse and Gardenia cottage

thanks for the info this will help.

Hatfield...
reviews: 90
6. Re: La Sagesse and Gardenia cottage

I love La Sagesse and and I always spend a couple of days there during any vacation to Grenada. I've toured a few of the rooms and though they're not luxurious, they're comfortable. I toured them during the mid afternoon (After lunch) in July and I found them pretty comfortable, despite the lack of a/c. It really does come down to how dependent you are on artificial refrigeration, though. Some folks just can't sleep without it, regardless. I'm not one of those folks, as long as the temperature is reasonable and there's a ceiling fan to keep the air moving.

What's nice about some of the rooms is being able to hear the waves on the beach, just about 15 yards from the rooms!

I don't recommend La Sagesse to most first timers because of it's extreme isolation, however. Unless you know that you can be your own entertainment, day in and day out, and unless you know that you're willing to spend at least 30 minutes, sometimes up to 45 to get to the rest of the places on the island that most visitors frequent, it's not the place for you, at least not for the entire vacation. But if you truly savor the remoteness, the Eden-like atmosphere, the real lushness, it's hard to beat.

UK
7. Re: La Sagesse and Gardenia cottage

La Sagesse really is a fabulous beach, but as the others say a little secluded for me unless just for a few days or so. We stayed in Gardenia Cottage for part of our last stay in Grenada when my parents joined us and we needed the extra space. The villa is very nice and we are actually going to stay there again later this year as it is close enough to everything going on whilst being in a relaxing, safe and quiet part called Coral Cove. We also get a good carhire deal with the villa owners of only EC$100 a day and having a car in Grenada really is a must. Can't wait to get back there... Lucy

Rochester, United...
reviews: 20
8. Re: La Sagesse and Gardenia cottage

We are staying at Gardenia Cottage in November and can't wait! The owners have been very helpful and friendly, especially when the airline cancelled our flight and we had to arrange different days.They also offer a good rate with car hire. I think they get booked up very quickly though as the price is so good.

9. Re: La Sagesse and Gardenia cottage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, October 02, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Grenada