We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Santa Domingo

Wolfville, Canada
reviews: 37
Day trip to Santa Domingo

What are the options for day trips from Samana to Santa Domingo. I know it is a couple of hours drive each way but I would still love to visit.

Las Galeras...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Day trip to Santa Domingo

There are a few excursion operators in Samana who will organise a day trip to the Capital for you or you can hop onto a Caribe Express bus (if you are feeling adventurous) and pick up a guide in the city. Either way it should not be missed

england
reviews: 61
2. Re: Day trip to Santa Domingo

The english speaking walking guide we had had a badge of authentication and we picked him up at the bus station - fab and really knowledgeable. It really was one of the highlights of our holiday he took us to places off the beaten track and filled us in on lots of local gossip and history. However, check out the journey times from Samana and ensure that you can do it in a day if you chose a bus as a taxi back will be very expensive.... lol but as tda says a wonderful city.

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
reviews: 1
3. Re: Day trip to Santa Domingo

If you have the option it is best done as an overnighter. Takes the stress of rushing around off and lets you see much more.

Santa Barbara de...
reviews: 79
4. Re: Day trip to Santa Domingo

I agree with RV. I live here and have my own vehicle and I still can't stand going to SD and coming back the same day. It's miserable.

If someone else is doing the driving and the hour is no concern then you can do it in a day.

If you went on Caribe Tours bus, you'd get there at 10 am. The last CT bus is at 5 pm. You could do Zona Colonial in that time period. It would be exhausting though, IMHO.

Tour Samana With Terry

5. Re: Day trip to Santa Domingo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 16, 2015