We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomsons Flight TOM 013: El Catey to Samana 12th July 2013

Weymouth,Dorset
reviews: 18
Thomsons Flight TOM 013: El Catey to Samana 12th July 2013

Just a quick question to anyone on the forum who travelled on the above flight.

Did you get bitten by anything?

Question may sound stupid,

but after spending a fortnight at El Portillo doing various excursions bite count was zero,

however after 3hrs into the flight I was bitten in numerous locations,

I spoke to a few other passengers in premium when we were going through passport control and they too were complaining about haven been bitten.

Just wanted to know if others on the flight had also affected

Calmac

Las Terrenas...
reviews: 2
1. Re: Thomsons Flight TOM 013: El Catey to Samana 12th July 2013

international mosquitos...

Cardiff
reviews: 31
2. Re: Thomsons Flight TOM 013: El Catey to Samana 12th July 2013

Are you sure it was on the plane? I've got bitten on several trips, on the transfer bus to the airport - all sorts of nasties can get in the upholstery!

england
reviews: 61
3. Re: Thomsons Flight TOM 013: El Catey to Samana 12th July 2013

I got bitten at the airport on the way in and the way out, b y mosquitos, but have also been on a Thomson flight two years ago from DR when they sprayed the airplane before we boarded.

Bedford
reviews: 50
4. Re: Thomsons Flight TOM 013: El Catey to Samana 12th July 2013

We take those anti-mossie wipes on the plane as you can't take aerosols through security, and use them prior to landing.

SUSSEX
reviews: 29
5. Re: Thomsons Flight TOM 013: El Catey to Samana 12th July 2013

Was on that flight in premium. Neither of us got any bites.

north carolina
reviews: 14
6. Re: Thomsons Flight TOM 013: El Catey to Samana 12th July 2013

I've had something like chigger bites before in the DR. Takes them a day or two to begin itching and much longer to go away. Not sure what they were.. maybe some sort of sand fleas or such.

Weymouth,Dorset
reviews: 18
7. Re: Thomsons Flight TOM 013: El Catey to Samana 12th July 2013

Thanks for your replies folks,

Brewerdave: Agree with your comments regarding transfer but one of the blighters definitely got me on the plane because I got the little bugger.

VHT: Yes we have been boarding at Gatwick to both the DR and Cape Verdi and have been informed that the slight smell in the cabin was due to the cabin having been fumigated.

MissFitts: Brilliant idea, I have informed the other half of your suggestion regarding wipes and she has already added it to the list for the next trip.

Calmac

8. Re: Thomsons Flight TOM 013: El Catey to Samana 12th July 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 16, 2014