We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Weather Today In Samana by Terry

Which Samana Province hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Barbara de...
reviews: 71
The Weather Today In Samana by Terry

I get a ton of questions about the weather here in Samana because many people go to a popular weather site and it shows thunderstorms forecast for nearly every day if not every day. I will try and post on this thread, not what I am forecasting, but what the weather actually was each day outside my house or wherever I happened to be that day. I'll try to post each day but please bear with me if I miss a few days.

Things might differ from one end of the peninsula to the other but I hope that you will find it helpful nonetheless.

I hope that TA will find it helpful also and allow it to stay on the forum.

939 replies to this topic
Santa Barbara de...
1. Re: The Weather Today In Samana by Terry

It was sunny and beautiful when I got up this morning but changed to rain by 11 am. It looks like it might be here for a while.

I , personally, am happy to see the rain though, as we have gone about 2 weeks without a good rain.

Leicestershire
reviews: 34
2. Re: The Weather Today In Samana by Terry

What a great idea Terry!

Peter

Brighton, United...
reviews: 33
3. Re: The Weather Today In Samana by Terry

Great idea. Whilst I'm freezing cold in UK, scraping ice from my car every morning, you're going to tell me how nice it is there! Can you lie just a little please. To be honest I want heavy rain for the next two weeks to get it over with so that my arrival on the 17th Nov brings sunshine all the way.

TV here talking about the latest hurrican moving south from you, any news from there?

New Brunswick
reviews: 6
4. Re: The Weather Today In Samana by Terry

: ) Nooooo! Not two weeks of solid rain! We are leaving for Bahia Cayo Levantado next Saturday!! Seriously, we can't change the weather but it is nice knowing each day what it is like in Samana. Good topic ~ Thanks Terry.

Santa Barbara de...
5. Re: The Weather Today In Samana by Terry

Raining since yesterday afternoon until this morning clearing up at about 10 am. It was then mostly sunny with scattered clouds the rest of the day. Not too hot and somehow not too humid. Actually a very comfortable day. Was able to nap all afternoon while I watched NFL football.

quebec
reviews: 1
6. Re: The Weather Today In Samana by Terry

Yes, thank you so much for that idea, I will chech that everyday also, we will be at the Cayacoa the first two weeks of decembre so I hope it will be beautiful, last night here (Rigaud, Québec), snow,,, I said to myself ¨well the winter will be long this year) because usually it is not that early so, again thank you for the update on the weather overthere.

Kent
reviews: 26
7. Re: The Weather Today In Samana by Terry

This is a great idea. I will also be checking each day. Thank you :)

Ballina, Ireland
reviews: 63
8. Re: The Weather Today In Samana by Terry

Great Idea, will the hurricane bring you much rain in Samana? looking at CNN, it seems that you will have a bit of wild weather if it does touch down on Haiti, still It hopefully won't be too bad.

Cheltenham
reviews: 32
9. Re: The Weather Today In Samana by Terry

Brilliant thank you, what a good idea!

Okotoks, Canada
reviews: 13
10. Re: The Weather Today In Samana by Terry

Hope it is still nice for the 13th to the 23rd... Less than two weeks to go, I can't wait!! I just hope it doesn't rain the whole time we are there.... I would be very sad. We had awesome weather last time we were there, so crossing my fingers that we have it again :)

Reply to: The Weather Today In Samana by Terry
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted