We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

electrical outlets/adaptors

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA-Maine
electrical outlets/adaptors

I am going to the Bavaro Princess, and was wondering if anyone could tell me if I need to bring an adaptor for the outlets, as I will need to charge my camera batter? Thanks

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 44
1. Re: electrical outlets/adaptors

Outlets are the same as USA/Canada - no need for adaptors!

Kingston, Ontario
2. Re: electrical outlets/adaptors

The Dominican Republic uses the same electrical outlets as North America.

whistler, bc, canada
reviews: 1
3. Re: electrical outlets/adaptors

Though the other posts are correct - same electricity - our hotel did not have the outlets that allow one side of your prong to be wider than the other and my camera had that. Also the outlets were recessed and my camera has a large plug that the prongs fold into. Did not work - Moral of the story - I took the adaptor that was recommended (I have a world adaptor kit with a bunch of adaptors) then had to get the adaptor from the front desk because of the recessed receptacles and it all worked well.

Good luck with it and have a wonderful time.

Pennsylvania
4. Re: electrical outlets/adaptors

We just returned home early this morning from Punta Cana. We stayed @ the Grand Palladium Bavaro(which is in the same resort complex) and did not have an adapter, which we didn't need last year in La Romana-Sunscape. We needed to purchase an adapter @ the hotel supermarket, so maybe it would be a good idea to be prepared. Make sure you take bug repellent with you. Have a great time

miami
reviews: 3
5. Re: electrical outlets/adaptors

Hi Kimm, hope you have a wonderful stay. Let me know what you think of the place. Curious to see a review.

USA-Maine
6. Re: electrical outlets/adaptors

How much did the adaptor cost that you purchased?