We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resorts geared towards Europeans. Can someone explain what

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
maryland
Resorts geared towards Europeans. Can someone explain what

the difference would be between that and ones geared towards Americans?

I've seen some reviews where the reviewer stated that a resort is geared to Europeans. I haven't traveled much and have no idea what this means.

Thanks

maryland
11. Re: Resorts geared towards Europeans. Can someone explain what

"At the same time, it is great to see people from around the world, forgeting about borders and expanding thier knowledge through interaction with each other....very refreshing....!!!!"

I couldn't agree more.

Spartanburg, South...
reviews: 12
12. Re: Resorts geared towards Europeans. Can someone explain what

I agree 100% vienemo

Baltimore, Maryland
reviews: 4
13. Re: Resorts geared towards Europeans. Can someone explain what

Absolutely!!!! Life is an adventure..go and emrace the diversity and live and learn and enjoy and have fun!!!

Expanding our horizons in so many ways while having fun in Paradise!!!

bb/mt

Pittsburgh
reviews: 24
14. Re: Resorts geared towards Europeans. Can someone explain what

I have been to all-inclusive resorts about 20 times. Some resorts market more to Europeans and they will have staffs that speak, Spanish, French, German, and maybe another language with English being the last and sometimes infrequent language spoken. Staffs will cater to their predominant guests and I have been treated poorly many times because I am English speaking. At some resorts forget getting an a-la carte reservation unless you are Eurpoean. It can be like that for getting nice rooms, meal service, drinks, any problems that may arrise. I have watched people in lines for restaurants not get service who were not European.This has happened many times to the extent that it can ruin a vacation. Maybe because English is not predominant and it is easier to speak and to service other languages. I have had problems where the staff at the front desk will say "no English" over and over and say "no manager" over and over .I now go to AMresorts because they are English and Spanish speaking mainly and geared more towards their marketing group. They still have disersified national guests but I have been treated much better. I am a very openminded person and I have many times to observe this occurance.

Ohio
reviews: 1
15. Re: Resorts geared towards Europeans. Can someone explain what

bbgamer:

Totally agree with your post. When we were at the Riu in 2004, we were definitely the minority...being from the US. The food was geared toward citizens from across the pond. Most of the guest spoke no English. While we met many wonderful people, we could not communicate with 90% of them...wish we could have! So, I guess the Riu is geared more toward the European market.

When we were at Secrets in January, we had no problem communicating with other guests. We met many people that were not from the US, but most spoke English. Because Secrets is currently managed by AMResorts, Inc. (a US company), I think they market to American and Canadian citizens. BTW...Secrets is an awesome resort...adults-only...very romantic.

If you have any questions about Secrets or would like a copy of my map and review, just send me an email.

Brenda :~)

tomandbrendamiller@msn.com

Waregem, Belgium
reviews: 1
16. Re: Resorts geared towards Europeans. Can someone explain what

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.........!!!!!! reaching boiling point here.

Belg from Belgium

ontario
17. Re: Resorts geared towards Europeans. Can someone explain what

You'll also find that with a european crowd it is common to have a lot more smokers around...not that north americans aren't, we just have a lot more smoking restrictions to be used to

18. Re: Resorts geared towards Europeans. Can someone explain what

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, August 24, 2009