We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Talk Me Down From the Weather Ledge.

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wetaskiwin, Canada
Talk Me Down From the Weather Ledge.

I did what I knew I shouldn’t do I looked at the 14 day weather forecast. I know I’m not always very sharp…lol. I see three days in a row of thunder storms 90% chance of rain. One of these days is my sister’s wedding. Please tell me not to worry, and that it will change.

18 replies to this topic
Manchester, United...
reviews: 14
1. Re: Talk Me Down From the Weather Ledge.

I posted this in another recent weather thread. I've been looking at these webcams for months now on an almost daily basis getting myself all excited for my trip in May. I think I have seen maybe two overcast days since January. But the weather reports always say rain.

The reports cover a huge area, don't look at them. You will have sun!!

www.trstbypalladium.com/-webcam-beach.html

Shrewsbury...
2. Re: Talk Me Down From the Weather Ledge.

I think the weather says it is always going to rain, but ive found that it only rains for a short while when I was down there.

Wetaskiwin, Canada
3. Re: Talk Me Down From the Weather Ledge.

It is like a car crash I know I shouldn't look, but I can't help myself...lol. Sun, Sun, Sun.

Wetaskiwin, Canada
4. Re: Talk Me Down From the Weather Ledge.

for some reason I can't get that webcam to work for me :(

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
reviews: 1
5. Re: Talk Me Down From the Weather Ledge.

The internet weather forecasts always say rain and are normally wrong. This is the tropics so rain is welcome but it comes in the form of scattered thunderstorms usually and is not a daily occurrence in most areas.

When a large frontal system forms off of Africa, that is when you worry over the weather.

Punta Cana...
6. Re: Talk Me Down From the Weather Ledge.

14 days weather forecast??

you are kidding, right? how could someone take a 14 !!! Days !!! weather forecast serious?

14 HOURS of a forecast are for most time of the year just a gamble here in the tropics, 14 Days are just a useless scam to show such.

a actual example, and one that happens often that way and also vice versa:

last night i went to bed and wind been gusting strongly, a rough morning should have been expected by the unexperienced, but as fact i woke up to full calm conditions with no breeze around, no clouds, just pure clear skies at the first morning hours.

a 14 days weather forecast is a SCAM, don't waste your time to read such, and don't be a fool to believe such.

happy travels

Mike

Wetaskiwin, Canada
7. Re: Talk Me Down From the Weather Ledge.

Mike I know you are right. I need to get a grip I feel better watching this...lol. I will keep it up at work, and peek now & then...lol. http://bayahibewebcam.com/

Manchester, United...
reviews: 14
8. Re: Talk Me Down From the Weather Ledge.

"for some reason I can't get that webcam to work for me :("

They can be a bit temperamental, sometimes I have to click refresh a few times. If you click the pool webcam tab, that one often works better.

Ontario, Canada
reviews: 5
9. Re: Talk Me Down From the Weather Ledge.

Gypsystacey....don't stress. Like everyone says it's the tropics and seriously most of the rain is at night or for such a short amount of time it really should not affect your holiday. We were there for 2 months at the beginning of the year and had mabe one day were it rained on and off all day, but it was still warm out. Most of the rain we had was at night. Hey , even if it does rain the sun will be out again in a short while and you will dry in no time. Enjoy...after Canada's horrible winter you won't care about a little rain.

Punta Cana...
10. Re: Talk Me Down From the Weather Ledge.

webcams are nice, but only really helpful as a actual weather indicator if located at the resort area where you will visit. your webcam link is for bayahibe and the weather there is zero indicator for our weather at the same time, even that most time of the year both locations/all DR Beach Locations are as fact simply calm and sunny.

i could show you live video from my beach here at cabeza de toro, it still would not always be a indicator for the same sunny/cloudy/rainy/dry conditions a few miles north in Bavaro.

but such webcam at least shows you the over all most present patterns, if you follow it steadily you will find out how few bad dark wet days such beach area has over a hole months time frame for example, but you need to store such time period and then look on it like on a film

Mike

Reply to: Talk Me Down From the Weather Ledge.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted