We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Paradisus Punta Cana...Questions

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
reviews: 40
Just back from Paradisus Punta Cana...Questions

I will help where I can....

38 replies to this topic
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
21. Re: Just back from Paradisus Punta Cana...Questions

Mory,

I saw a luxury jr suite 2nd floor, I assume the private garden means it is on the ground floor. I would still supervise, it is not a fenced in area or anything

Favourite restaurant was Vento and the hardest to get reservation to.

Bana grill on the teppenyaki was fun

Buffets are great at night so don't count them out. They are steps from each other so go check out both and see what they have as a main dish on the grill and go there. We often ended up at Gabi at night for our 2nd suppers!

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
22. Re: Just back from Paradisus Punta Cana...Questions

Soccer:

The Jacuzzi and Turkish baths were located in the spa between the rooms and the lobby. I did not see them, I forgot to go check it out! Too busy enjoying the beach and the R.S pool bar...oh and eating....

Owensboro
reviews: 3
23. Re: Just back from Paradisus Punta Cana...Questions

We are leaving Sunday for Paradisus. How hard is it to get reservations for dinner? Which restaurants are best? We were there 5 years ago. We loved it and hope that it hasn't changed much. Also, did they serve lobster? Did you do any excursions? If so, were they good and what were they. Anything you can tell me will be appreciated. Thanks so much, Sandy

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
24. Re: Just back from Paradisus Punta Cana...Questions

Reservations were not hard for me...I let Sandra take care of reserving the week for me. Everyday under the door was a card telling us where and when. She only wanted to know if we preferred early or late. It is a recurring theme that reservations are hard to come by....I would insist but be fair, don't ask for Vento the first night, be flexible and see what they have. But I am sorry, no one should have a hard time...hint choose earlier times. It also gives you time to digest and go try the lobster.

Yes lobster, big shrimp on the grill.in the buffets...mostly night at Gabi. lobster in many dishes in the a la Carte's

Vento was our favourite.

Toms River, New...
reviews: 17
25. Re: Just back from Paradisus Punta Cana...Questions

My wife,myself and another couple are heading to Paradisus May 11 for 5 nights. We booked the junior luxury suites. Is Royal Service a wise investment, will we regret not doing it? Does room service come at a charge? I've heard $5 per request. Do we have access to drinks on beach without RS? Any info on minibar in a non RS room? Budget is an issue, but if it is the deference between a good and great vacation, I'd probably save a little extra for the RS. Thank you!

Toms River, New...
reviews: 17
26. Re: Just back from Paradisus Punta Cana...Questions

My wife,myself and another couple are heading to Paradisus May 11 for 5 nights. We booked the junior luxury suites. Is Royal Service a wise investment, will we regret not doing it? Does room service come at a charge? I've heard $5 per request. Do we have access to drinks on beach without RS? Any info on minibar in a non RS room? Budget is an issue, but if it is the deference between a good and great vacation, I'd probably save a little extra for the RS. Thank you!

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
27. Re: Just back from Paradisus Punta Cana...Questions

The RS is not necessary to have a nice vacation. But I have said in my review that it does make a difference. Access to the RS pool adults only, butler, reserved section of the beach gorgeous beach beds, access to the Reserve pool and services at the top end of the resort and the exclusive restaurant la Palapa for breakfast lunch and dinner. The problem with royal service is that all the RS rooms are booked til May or something like that, so they charge you 30$usd per person per day to get a service upgrade but not the room. So if you are in a regular non renovated room, and have to pay full price for the upgrade when you have already payed a fair penny for paradisus then it is not fair in my eyes. An upgraded room with the services is also 30$ pp per day.. And the kicker, a RS room is 30$ per day pp and includes, obviously, the services..to me it is ridiculous that they charge the same price. Over 5 days you would be ok with regular, you prob would not have time to take full advantage....but on the other hand....you could upgrade to the RS for part of your stay it would not be too expensive.....it is a nice added touch ...premium alcohol at pool bar and la palapa, you have to ask though....ultra premium costs extra....beach service, no need for towel card, self serve towel hut sunscreen too.

Room service I did not try...can't comment, if there is a charge.....that would be wrong on their part..probably a charge after certain hours, that is usually the case.

Drinks on the beach, yes Gabi beach bar is open to all. I did see service coming around but only near the actual bar. There was beach service with RS.

There are minibars in the regular rooms....soft drinks, water and juice in boxes...beer too I think. I used it once for a 7up.

murillo
reviews: 3
28. Re: Just back from Paradisus Punta Cana...Questions

heres a biggy .... do they have clamato there...? and do they make ceasars...Prob bring some Motts extra spicy just in case ... but a beer and clamato in the am can be medicinal...

Edited: 3:53 pm, February 08, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
29. Re: Just back from Paradisus Punta Cana...Questions

Tomato juice. However, they will try to get you what you need, you have to ask the bar manager at the RS bar in la palapa. He was helping me find grapefruit juice....I asked on the 2nd last night....I bet he would have found it. They did have it at paradisus Palma real.....so to be on the safe side, bring a bottle of Clamato and a Rimmer mix, have them keep it for you at the bar or have it in your room. Now there is a company out west that has a pretty good powder that you mix with water to make Clamato, easier to travel with. The link was on here, quite a while ago.....do a search in the search field...I will try to find it.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
30. Re: Just back from Paradisus Punta Cana...Questions

Caesar pleaser

http://www.wildwestseasonings.com/home

Reply to: Just back from Paradisus Punta Cana...Questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted