We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradisus "Royal Service" vs. Majestic "Elegance Club"

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Paradisus "Royal Service" vs. Majestic "Elegance Club"

My fiancee and I are working on planning our honeymoon to Punta Cana next August, and we are strongly considering the Paradisus Punta Cana and the Majestic Elegance. We would want to book the "VIP" options at each hotel, which are the "Royal Service" and "Elegance Club," respectively.

Has anyone had experience with both of these hotels or both of those services? Which did you prefer?

The Majestic Elegance is slightly more affordable but we are having a hard time choosing between the two resorts.

Thanks in advance for any input!

8 replies to this topic
illinois
reviews: 1
1. Re: Paradisus "Royal Service" vs. Majestic "Elegance Club"

Bump. I would like to know the difference as well.

murillo
reviews: 3
2. Re: Paradisus "Royal Service" vs. Majestic "Elegance Club"

i will let you know in 2 months... stayed at ME twice in the club section .. now trying the royal service at Paradisus... You don't get alot of answers on here about the Paradisus...? I think that most people that go there don't use trip advisor... i would hold off the honeymoon til it's cold at home...lol..just me..

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 9
3. Re: Paradisus "Royal Service" vs. Majestic "Elegance Club"

This will come down to money. Paradisus is more upscale and more money. Not sure how much you have travelled to DR, but simply upgrading to the "club" status does not, in many cases, get you perhaps the added exclusivity you are expecting. You may well be better off spending those dollars on a standard room in a more upscale resort. Majestic, for example, is a big property (actually 2 resorts next to each other) with lots of kids, very family oriented. Even if you stay in adults only section, there are still kids everywhere else.

If it were my honeymoon, I would look for an adults only true 5 star property. 2 that come to mind are Iberostar Grand or Excellence Punta Cana. Both have better food, more dining options, certainly a more intimate atmosphere.

4. Re: Paradisus "Royal Service" vs. Majestic "Elegance Club"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:30 pm, December 23, 2013

murillo
5. Re: Paradisus "Royal Service" vs. Majestic "Elegance Club"

Have you been to either doug2053 ? Majestics are 2 seperate resorts with minimal kids at either...We booked the royal section because we like to be as close to the beach as possible ...

Punta Cana...
6. Re: Paradisus "Royal Service" vs. Majestic "Elegance Club"

Dough,

i have to disagree on that.

the Majestic Elegance is a fairly small hotel, one of the most important points for me(6 stays and counting) is it's small size, within 5-6 minutes i walk there calmly from one point to the farest possible other point. and there are few to no kiddies around, which is an other point that is perfectly suiting for us, as we do not like many elderly kids around when vacationing with the Baby, splashing in the pool while i want to have some calm time with the lil one in that water.

been at the Paradisus PC at least 8 years ago for the last time, absolutely nothing to complain about and no real reason to not go back one day, a good hotel.

have to add, at the Majestic we never stayed in the adults only Club, now due the baby of course, but also prior to the baby we always stayed on the regular side as we prefer the swimup 1 bedroom suites there over the club suites, for their private lil Patio between room and pool.

wait til february, the Fireguy will give you a full comparison by then.

merry christmas!

MIke

boston, ma
7. Re: Paradisus "Royal Service" vs. Majestic "Elegance Club"

Been to both. Reserve at the Paradisus and regular at majestic. I liked the no reservations system at majestic, the pool, service and food. Paradisus I like the beach better its wider and a lot more places to grab palapa, the royal pool on the beach is nice, nice food options which u can bring back to the beach... One place fries fresh snapper and will put in a Togo box for you... My pick is Paradisus. But if price was a lot better for majestic I wouldn't hesitate going with that

Princeton Jct., NJ
reviews: 15
8. Re: Paradisus "Royal Service" vs. Majestic "Elegance Club"

Bomberro---You came "out".......revealing your "secret" destination. haha

Merry XMas to all!!!

Reply to: Paradisus "Royal Service" vs. Majestic "Elegance Club"
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted