We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Serious salsa/bachata/merenge dancing clubs ???

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Excelsior, MN
reviews: 6
Serious salsa/bachata/merenge dancing clubs ???

A bunch (Latin dancers) of us are wondering if there are good salsa/bachata/merenge clubs/bars/restaurants in Punta Cana???

Excelsior, MN
1. Re: Serious salsa/bachata/merenge dancing clubs ???

Are there not much local dancers at Punta Cana?

murillo
reviews: 3
2. Re: Serious salsa/bachata/merenge dancing clubs ???

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g147293-i28-k596705…

Punta Cana...
3. Re: Serious salsa/bachata/merenge dancing clubs ???

bomberro,

even that i know you meant it to help out, what is shown in the post of the link has nothing to do with a DR Salsa or Merengue or Bachata serious dancer place, it is just about some semi local spots where tourists try to get a local feel, dancing is mostly not present there, and places like Steve's play for very most time foreign music, not much of the local stuff.

for people who wanna really Dance(not talking drunk tries opf a Gringo to become Latin, lol) you need to go into the local scene of Higuey or La Romana or the Capital, but even there sorrily todays most spots are for the Tumm Thumm Tumm bumm bumm bumm techno and Rap Crap thingy, the traditional music is played everywhere, at every colmado and carwash and local bar, but a real dance floor for that is hard to find todays, and much less in a Mass Toursim area as Punta Cana.

happy travels

Mike

4. Re: Serious salsa/bachata/merenge dancing clubs ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 pm, October 31, 2013
Leeds, Engalnd
reviews: 19
5. Re: Serious salsa/bachata/merenge dancing clubs ???

for good salsa, Bachata and Merengue then you need to visit the Local bars / clubs not the tourist places that usually play generic tourist music usually some form of techno, with a bit of RnB and latin music mixed in if your lucky ...although with the local places you may find that some of the standards are not up to the same as you would be used to (in particular the washroom facilities) and they may have a dance floor or just dance where ever there is space but on the PLUS side you will also find most local bars / clubs are free to enter and drinks are a fraction of the prices of the tourist clubs oh yeh and the music is 100% better :-)

Greensboro, North...
reviews: 1
6. Re: Serious salsa/bachata/merenge dancing clubs ???

I have to agree with the above posts.

The DR is not Puerto Rico or Cali Colombia ( Juanchito, possibly the bet place I have ever been to to dance and see Salsa)

Mostly smaller places with lots of Hip Hop, Reggaetone, ect.

Santiago has some of the best traditional clubs in the country, but is a long ways from PC if that is where you are coming to.

murillo
reviews: 3
7. Re: Serious salsa/bachata/merenge dancing clubs ???

Sorry Mike... I thought we could trust advise from post #6 from my link...lol

Excelsior, MN
8. Re: Serious salsa/bachata/merenge dancing clubs ???

Thank you guys! Your replies are very helpful and I will pass it on to my girlfriends.

Leeds, Engalnd
reviews: 19
9. Re: Serious salsa/bachata/merenge dancing clubs ???

"it is just about some semi local spots where tourists try to get a local feel, dancing is mostly not present there,"

sorry I have to disagree mike .......but every time I've been to those local places ( numerous times in both Jaunary and Augusat / September) that are mentioned in that link there's hardly been any other tourists there, i'm usually the only one (apart from a few foreign hotel reps I've seen) and there's always lots of people dancing .... I know Steve's bar is a big tourist hang out, but some of the others definitely seem not to be .....when I went to Cool disco I was actually the only tourist in there, then after even my entertainment crew questioned how I knew about it as it wasn't a tourist place .......and the other place just up the road from car wash but b4 shop n drink (not to sure of it's name) I was the only tourist there most times too and people were dancing all over the place :-)

but suppose my out look might be different wot with me being a tourist and all lol

Edited: 5:33 pm, November 01, 2013
10. Re: Serious salsa/bachata/merenge dancing clubs ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, November 02, 2014