We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dominican Republic in May/June

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
worcester
reviews: 64
Dominican Republic in May/June

Hi

Its our 20th wedding anniversary 2 June 2015 (yes I know a long way off!!) but am looking at Dom Rep, particularly Punta Cana/Bavaro for a 2 week holiday over this time

I'm looking so far ahead cause need to have idea of costs so I know what I need to save lol!

So - is the weather OK there for that time of year?

TIA

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
reviews: 1
1. Re: Dominican Republic in May/June

Yes, best time of year.

Quispamsis, Canada
reviews: 1
2. Re: Dominican Republic in May/June

its a good time anytime to go to punta cana

Ashley, Pennsylvania
reviews: 55
3. Re: Dominican Republic in May/June

For a special occasion I have always booked early. We use applevacations.com or usairwaysvacations.com and if you take out insurance and the price goes lower you can get the difference refunded. Always have traveled in May and the weather is hot and humid, my favorite time. We traveled once the first week of June and had rain but others have said it was just a fluke and June is just as beautiful. Rain never mattered to us anyway as it's always warm anyway and the the rain tends to be overnight or early in the morning. Even when during the day it's short lived and moves on.

We have booked some upscale properties as well as low cost budget resorts, we have always had a great time. It is what you make it :)

Where are you looking at staying?

worcester
4. Re: Dominican Republic in May/June

thanks all

i'm looking at either the riu naiboa, riu bambu or grand palladium i think

Ashley, Pennsylvania
reviews: 55
5. Re: Dominican Republic in May/June

Talk to a TA, I have heard the Riu prices are coming in very nice. I think they are just getting off a sale right now... maybe the good prices will extend through a later booking, but like I suggested, take the insurance if booking this early and you may even get a few bucks back later. Enjoy!! And congrats on the 20. We just celebrated 25 with a wedding vow renewal on Macao Beach (sunset ceremony- it was beautiful).

Edited: 9:54 am, October 25, 2013
Pittsburgh...
reviews: 11
6. Re: Dominican Republic in May/June

I'm surprised that 2015 prices are appearing now, that's really early, but good. Especially if air arrangements can be made.

I would just suggest the earliest possible dates in May so as to avoid running into the high school grad groups which are like spring breakers only younger and prone to be less capable of handling the alcohol they drink.

Edited: 1:09 pm, October 25, 2013
worcester
7. Re: Dominican Republic in May/June

The prices aren't out yet lol x I'm looking at 2014 prices to give me an idea lol x

Sorry for misleading you all

Oh and am in uk so not sure if our TA's will give as good a bargain as in the US

manchester england
8. Re: Dominican Republic in May/June

out of your list palladium but check prices nearer the time.weather is perfect imo best time to go.

Edited: 4:01 pm, October 25, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
reviews: 12
9. Re: Dominican Republic in May/June

We got married in Punta Cana at Majestic Colonial in early May and everything was fantastic. Just one note - pale as I am, I would have to think twice about Riu resorts as they use more natural shade i.e. palm trees for shade for beach sun beds as opposed to purpose-built palapas at most resorts.... probably not a concern for many people but thought I'd point it out.

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 43
10. Re: Dominican Republic in May/June

Lots of time to read reviews, which I would think will lead you towards Palladium from your list. We have been to Riu Bambu and Palladium, and of the two - Palladium hands down.