We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams Resort & Spa or Dreams Palm Beach

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Essex
reviews: 1
Dreams Resort & Spa or Dreams Palm Beach

Hi,

Looking to go to either the Dreams Resort & Spa or Dreams Palm Beach in February with an extended family group of grandparent, couple and 2 year old. Ideally with interconnecting rooms.

Was hoping that someone could recommend one over the other?

Thanks.

Cornwall, Canada
reviews: 4
1. Re: Dreams Resort & Spa or Dreams Palm Beach

I will say that I haven't stayed at either of the Dreams resorts, although we did look into Dreams Palm Beach for our upcoming trip, just to clarify that there's Dreams Palm Beach and Dreams Punta Cana.

Dreams PB is the Cabeza de Toro area - closer to airport, white sand, closer to the nearby resorts around it and generally an area with greater amenities nearby, should you wish to go out and about

Dreams PC is in the Uvero Alto area, more to the north - farther from the airport (maybe 45 min to an hour depending), more of a sugary light, light beige sand, and not in a very busy area at all, should you have wanted to be out and about - although, most if not all excursions would be available from there, as are taxis. We stayed at a resort in the area, and are returning next summer - we never felt too remote and absolutely loved our stay!

I've included a map for you to take a peek at...

Both Dreams are fairly popular with consistent reviews...good luck choosing and enjoy, wherever you should end up! PC is a wonderful, tropical place for a holiday - a lot of this is due to the genuinely warm, friendly people :D

puntacanatv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/P…

Edited: 5:32 pm, October 20, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 9
2. Re: Dreams Resort & Spa or Dreams Palm Beach

We've been to Dreams Palm Beach and really liked it - nice to be close to the airport and the water is flat calm so that is good for a 2 year old - whereas the water at Dreams Punta Cana is much wavier. Not sure though if either of these resorts have interconnecting rooms.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
reviews: 8
3. Re: Dreams Resort & Spa or Dreams Palm Beach

I have stayed at both Dreams Punta Cana, and at Dreams Palm Beach. What laceyblue said is correct.

I found the rooms at both to be on the small side, but fine. Perhaps a bit smaller at DPC, at least according to what I felt. I preferred the long, lazy river pool at DPC, although it's only about 3 feet deep. I liked the bar and restaurant layout better at DPC, particularly the bar halfway along the lazy river, where they often had a grill for lunch beside it.

There are three restaurants by the beach at DPC, with a bar in the middle of them. I enjoyed breakfast, lunch and dinner out there. DPB has just one by the beach, and it's limited to Preferred at times. I liked the French and Italian restaurants at DPB. They are by the lobby.

The one thing that annoyed me the most about DPB was the lack of seating around the bars. None of the bars, except the swim-up, had a stool around it, and the lobby bar had extremely limited seating. It rained one day, and two thirds of the resort was hovering around trying to vulture a spot to sit.

DPB had a bit more upscale feel to it, I think, and whiter sand and calmer waters, if that's what you're looking for. It's also closer to the airport, although the new highway to Uvero Alto is close to completion, so perhaps that won't be such a consideration by the time you go.

Mark

Essex
reviews: 1
4. Re: Dreams Resort & Spa or Dreams Palm Beach

Thanks everyone. Looks like we've got the best deal at DPB which I think will suit us best.

Thanks again.

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
reviews: 52
5. Re: Dreams Resort & Spa or Dreams Palm Beach

Read this thread

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147293-i28-k69666…

6. Re: Dreams Resort & Spa or Dreams Palm Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, November 08, 2014