We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury AI w/tween activities and suites? (smaller resort)

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Des Moines...
Luxury AI w/tween activities and suites? (smaller resort)

I am starting to look at all inclusive resorts in DR and was hoping people had some suggestions. We want a smaller AI resort (want to avoid mega resorts) and want to have a kids club/activities for both our 8 and 10 year old kids (preferably in separate groups) :)

The main issues I am finding is 1) it is hard to tell if there are good activities for my 10 year old son, 2) some resorts only offer standard rooms and we would really like a 1bedroom suite (separate sleeping areas), 3) we really don't want a mega-resort (smaller is better), 4) we are looking for March over spring break and know some resorts are OVER crowded during that time, 5) we want a resort that has really good food.

Any suggestions?

1 reply
Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 9
1. Re: Luxury AI w/tween activities and suites? (smaller resort)

There are a few smaller resorts that are good for families - Dreams Palm Beach , Dreams Punta Cana, Now Larimar and Ocean Blue come to mind (we've been to Dreams Palm Beach and really liked it - my son was 7 and he had a great time - in my opinion, the kids activities were excellent). Other resorts we've liked are the Iberostar Bavaro, Grand Palladium and Melia Caribe Tropical, however, these may all be larger than what you're looking for. Also heard great things about the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe - but it is a very large resort. If you're looking for more luxury, then the Reserve section at the Paradisus Palma Real might be what you're looking for (haven't been so cannot comment on it personally).

Reply to: Luxury AI w/tween activities and suites? (smaller resort)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted