We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence junior suite ocean view

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Excellence junior suite ocean view

Has anyone stayed in this room? Is it worth it to upgrade from garden view? I read on the forum that these rooms are noisy (over restaurants and bars). Also if anyone can recommend a certain room.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
reviews: 9
1. Re: Excellence junior suite ocean view

Ocean view and Garden view are the same. Only the view changes. The only Ocean view rooms that look out over restaurants / bars are those in building 6, and part of building 7. The other part of building 7, as well as 8, 10, 11, and part of 14 are great. Part of 14 looks out over a flea market. 1, 2, and 3 have beautiful ocean views, particularly 3, in my opinion.

It's not worth the extra for me. I figure I'm looking at the ocean all day long. For me, the room is for sleeping, showering, and getting dressed.

My number one choice is anywhere in building 10, 2nd or 3rd floor. I like to be on the lazy river side. From building 10, it's a very short walk to the bridge across the lazy river. From there, it's 30 seconds or so to the Sol Bar and a towel / concierge hut with washrooms, in one direction, and the same in the other direction to the swim-up bar, breakfast at the Lobster House, and lunch at The Grill. And the beach is steps away. Building 8 would be my second choice. For the best view, I'd have to say building 3 Ocean view.

Mark

2. Re: Excellence junior suite ocean view

Thanks for the information! We booked a regular junior ocean view suite! Is it too soon to request a room in bldg 3 now (we are going in February). Just call the hotel and ask?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
3. Re: Excellence junior suite ocean view

I give them my room requests when I book it. I also send an email to Roberto at publicrelations.xpc@excellence-resorts.com. You need to provide the confirmation number. It's probably best to do so a couple of weeks before you go.

Mark

Huntsville, TX
reviews: 1
4. Re: Excellence junior suite ocean view

We are staying at Excellence Punta Cana in September/October 2014, for our 35th wedding anniversary. Any recommendation for a reputable tranfser service roundtrip from airport to the resort is greatly appreciated.

Huntsville, TX
5. Re: Excellence junior suite ocean view

We are staying at Excellence Punta Cana in September/October 2014, for our 35th wedding anniversary. Any recommendation for a reputable tranfser service roundtrip from airport to the resort is greatly appreciated.

Sag Harbor, New York
reviews: 12
6. Re: Excellence junior suite ocean view

A ton of cabbies are at the airport waiting to take you. Look for the beige or pink shirts. Hassle free. We went once with Gobecon and it was too chaotic to find the driver. Also, if you want a pre-arranged car, you can use IBK or have the resort handle this for you.

Huntsville, TX
7. Re: Excellence junior suite ocean view

Thanks so much for the info. I also read on tripadvisor of another place named Conexion (sp).

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
8. Re: Excellence junior suite ocean view

Why bother? Taxis are so easy and efficient. No pre-booking, and the quickest way to get to your resort.

Mark

9. Re: Excellence junior suite ocean view

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, July 15, 2015