We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wireless in Punta Cana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mississauga, Canada
reviews: 18
Wireless in Punta Cana

Hi All,

I'm not a "techie" so bear with me. When we were in Samana during Christmas the hotel had computers and wi-fi in the lobby but that was a pain in the butt. I had brought my Ipad with me. They also offered something called "Kubi Wireless". I paid $49 on my CC and was able to have internet access ANYWHERE .. it was especially nice at night to Skype with my kids' back home and upload pics to Facebook, etc ...

We are leaving this Friday for the Majestic Elegance for my brothers wedding. I went to the Kubi website and they don't have the ME as one of their service areas ... they do however have the Bahia.

Does anyone know if once I get down to the ME if there is a similar company that I can use or does anyone know which company the ME uses.

TIA

Niagara Falls...
reviews: 2
11. Re: Wireless in Punta Cana

If your staying at The Majestic Elegance Club section they have free computers in the club lounge and if you bring an Ethernet cable its a free wired connection in your room for laptops. I was there 2 years ago and they were planning on free Wi-Fi

Sackville, N.B.
reviews: 14
12. Re: Wireless in Punta Cana

There is free WiFi in the Club Lounges.

Brampton, Canada
reviews: 4
13. Re: Wireless in Punta Cana

The device from Gobocon. It is the size of a small cell phone (real small). On the back is your wifi name and log in code. You just connect (save the connection) and start surfing!!. You can connect 5 devices at one time. I never thought I would need that many, but a phone, ipod, ereader and a smart camera it does not take long to use them up. I am using it now and have had it for 2 weeks, I do not have enough good things to say about the connection and the service.

14. Re: Wireless in Punta Cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 10, 2014