We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October weather in Uvero Alto

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
darlington
reviews: 28
October weather in Uvero Alto

Hi, my husband and i are travelling to The Excellence next week, however the forecast is looking pretty bad it says rain and thunderstorms everyday for the 2 weeks we are there and doesnt show any sun!!!! Should i take that with a pinch of salt or can it really rain all day every day for 2 weeks? :(

7 replies to this topic
Montreal
1. Re: October weather in Uvero Alto

I would take it with a pinch of salt. We too are heading for the Excellence this Saturday for 2 weeks. I have traveled for the past 10 years in the Caribbean and around Central America in october and the weather forecast was always the same, thunderstorms and cloudy every single day. Was the weather crappy once we got there? Absolutely not! We had gorgeous temperature, the occasional shower in the middle of the night and plenty of sun.

I didn't even look at the weather forecast for this trip because I know that most of the time, it's not accurate. Just relax and enjoy your vacation!

Punta Cana...
2. Re: October weather in Uvero Alto

there is no weather forecast for next week, and much less for the next 2 weeks afterwards, how could you believe such long range weather lottery?

our tropical climate can and does change from one extreme to an other within a couple of hours, and such is never shown on any online weather forecast.

next week it may be rainy and windy, it can also be as usual calm and bonedry, just nobody could know that Today.

go and have fun,

you can't influence the weather not even a little bit, it will do what it wants to do at any given time.

Mike

Cornwall, Canada
reviews: 2
3. Re: October weather in Uvero Alto

Shird, fret not :) And do not waste the fun of your excitement and anticipation time, looking at weather forecasts !

We saw the same thing before we traveled last August (yes, I looked, lol) and we needn't not have been worried at all!! It rained one night for about an hour or so, and I think one little, little shower one day and the sun popped right back out - other than that, it was beautiful, hot and humid every day. With a tropical climate, there's always the chance of rain on those silly weather sites, and it's pretty hard to predict the weather down there for two weeks. You will be in a beautiful place and even with a little rain, it's vacation and you're not at home!

Enjoy your trip :D

Sag Harbor, New York
reviews: 12
4. Re: October weather in Uvero Alto

It's a crap shoot when dealing with a tropical island. You'd get a better forecast if you used Rune Stones rather than wasting time with these silly long range forecasts. Don't worry about it and if you get a sprinkle, better there than a sunny day at work! :D

darlington
reviews: 28
5. Re: October weather in Uvero Alto

Thanks everyone im not looking anymore!!

reviews: 42
6. Re: October weather in Uvero Alto

Def take it with a pinch of salt otherwise you'll get into a frenzy! And rain in PC better than rain at home right?!

Sag Harbor, New York
reviews: 12
7. Re: October weather in Uvero Alto

@OP-glad you stopped looking and making yourself nuts. Now, look at other things like...resort clothing. Shopping is good!

Reply to: October weather in Uvero Alto
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted