We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nearly there

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
coventry,england
reviews: 9
nearly there

One week to go and we will be at the riu palace bavaro,is there anything going on over there that we need to know about,ie ,any hurricanes on the way,mosquito swarms or are we just heading for a fantastic holiday.

Maggie

Punta Cana...
1. Re: nearly there

Mozzies and Weather move unpredicted, changing on daily bases, as usual.

everything ready for a great vacation

have fun

Mike

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
reviews: 40
2. Re: nearly there

Fantastic......holidays...nothing on the radar....weather will be fantastic...we leave in 6 days...

Punta Cana...
reviews: 16
3. Re: nearly there

Well...the radar would not see anything beyond 6 hours. Although the Atlantic is very quiet, it does not mean you should not expect a few heavy downpours. Mosquitoes have made a return to my part of the community , thus sitting outside enjoying a movie has not been a nightly activity. They usually do not bother me, but as of late they love my ankles!. Bring some spray.

Cheers

PCMike

Punta Cana...
4. Re: nearly there

same here,

long pants and a shirt on are the way to go in the evenings, shorts would be a big mistake.

Radar???

a hefty thunderstorm can form up, hit an area and all go back to bright sunshine within a few hours only, nothing of such to be seen on any radar more than a few hours before it is anyways felt/hits.

Mike

Sag Harbor, New York
reviews: 12
5. Re: nearly there

Radar??? Rune Stones would be far more accurate! :D

reviews: 46
6. Re: nearly there

Enjoy Maggie I bet you are chomping at the bit to get there now. 10 days to go for me but finish work in 8 and the minute I set foot in Gatwick I'm on my hols!

Have a great time & looking forward to some 'live from' updates!

Caz

glasgow
7. Re: nearly there

1hr45mins till we take off at gatwick sitting in the servisair lounge in the north terminal

With a large drink kicking back and waiting ;-)))))))))))))))))?!!

8. Re: nearly there

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:39 am, October 08, 2013
reviews: 11
9. Re: nearly there

Enjoy Mags! We go on 6th November so I'll look forward to your review

Sarah

10. Re: nearly there

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:31 am, October 13, 2013