We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta Cana during March Break 2014

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kitchener,ontario

seeuinheaven

kitchener,ontario

Save this Post

Oct 06, 2013, 9:38 PM

I am travelling with my 16 year old daughter or March Break. Another couple with a 17yr old daughter will be joining us. We are looking for the best resort experience on the beach available. Price is of course a consideration. We picked Punta Cana strictly because it appears to be the most price friendly from Ontario Canada that has promising weather. (Both Florida and Cuba are too iffy at that time.) Any suggestions which resort would suit us best. Gotta say I would pay a little extra to be catered too. Thank you

9 replies to this topic
Pittsburgh...
reviews: 11
1. Re: Punta Cana during March Break 2014

Depends on what makes up the "best resort experience on the beach" for you and your children.

kitchener,ontario
2. Re: Punta Cana during March Break 2014

I would like something walkable easily from our room close to pool and beach. I enjoy service at both the beach and pool. Would like some evening entertainment. I was looking at the Royalton but i see its new so not able to get any reviews yet. Another resort i looked at were both the bavaro princess suites and the grand bahai principe but I think they arent close to beach unless you upgrade

Cornwall, Canada
reviews: 2
3. Re: Punta Cana during March Break 2014

I haven't been, but had looked into it for next year, maybe Dreams Palm Beach...?

Seem to report many daily activities and the food reports, while subjective, appear to be consistently decent. They have a web cam showing the pool near the beach, but I can't for the life of me get another window to open on my laptop, to give you the link to it, lol.

Good luck choosing - there are many amazing resorts in PC. You're sure to have a wonderful time. Just a little word of caution..."price friendly", which of course makes sense, could just maybe, lead you towards a resort that caters to Spring Breakers - just saying that some resorts at particular price points, COULD be very "crazy" busy with teens/college guests out for that week-long, no-holds-barred type of party atmosphere.

You can google what resorts these might be, and book accordingly - whether you want that type of vacation or not I mean :D

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 11
4. Re: Punta Cana during March Break 2014

that's what I was asking, OP did say "March Break" so do they want to party with the crazy drunks, or are they looking to avoid that scene......

Cornwall, Canada
reviews: 2
5. Re: Punta Cana during March Break 2014

Yah, that's why I brought it up too LaTA - we were thinking the same thing, lol. Hate to have them arrive at one of the resorts that caters to such, and walk into something they weren't quite prepared for - yikes! Unless of course that's what they ARE looking for...

Just wouldn't be my cup of tea :o

kitchener,ontario
6. Re: Punta Cana during March Break 2014

Looking to avoid spring breakers so guess I'll be paying more. Anyone think Royalton worth the chance

canada
reviews: 13
7. Re: Punta Cana during March Break 2014

not sure about the royalton..but what about the Esmeralda section of the Bahia. It is more upscale than the other parts of resort.. and the adults can slide over to the adult only ambar when the teens are off doing whatever they like to do...food is good..service is very good and there is both poolside and beach service.

Simcoe, Canada
reviews: 4
8. Re: Punta Cana during March Break 2014

Heaven have you looked at the iberostars? Grand adults only but other three may suit you? O

kitchener,ontario
9. Re: Punta Cana during March Break 2014

ill have a look at the iberostar and esmeraldo section of bahai. seems everyone has their packages and then the package upgrade that costs another couple hundred if you want it...... thanks to everyone for your suggestions. Any must hit restaurants or bars or excursions outside the resort?

Reply to: Punta Cana during March Break 2014
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted