We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hepatitis a, malaria, dengue

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Hepatitis a, malaria, dengue

Do you get these vaccines before traveling to Punta Cana or have you traveled there without them?

Tequesta, FL
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
reviews: 7
1. Re: Hepatitis a, malaria, dengue

Most from the States travel without obtaining any vaccines whatsoever and none are required. You should discuss your particular health care needs with your doctor.

On
reviews: 29
2. Re: Hepatitis a, malaria, dengue

Hep A & B are a good idea even if not traveling my DH got hep A here at home and all kids in grade 8 here in On Canada are offered the hep B shot at school

wisconsin
reviews: 45
3. Re: Hepatitis a, malaria, dengue

We hoot our hep B shots a long time ago for our jobs, but never thought much about any other vaccines. Been traveling to Mexico, Jamaica, DR since 1998! 2 years ago we were offered the hep A vaccine and figured it couldn't hurt so we got it. Figured since insurance covered it, it was good for an ounce of protection!

Punta Cana...
4. Re: Hepatitis a, malaria, dengue

Hep A and B and of course up to date Tetanus should be the basic to have for everyone, traveling or not traveling, always.

Mike

Sag Harbor, New York
reviews: 12
5. Re: Hepatitis a, malaria, dengue

Yup like the folks say. I always check with my doc before I go as she is very up on this stuff. Nothing needed so far. :D

Newfoundland
reviews: 7
6. Re: Hepatitis a, malaria, dengue

We were told to get Hepititas A, Tetanus, and typhoid. So we got them a number of year ago. I checked on my Hepititas shot this year and I was told it is good for 25 years. The tetanus for 10 years and typhoid, I think is also good for 10 years but I'm not sure with that one. I tried the Malaria pills, against my doctors and pharmacist better judgement, and it ruined part of a holiday. There is a lot of side effects from it, however I only had the upset stomach. Not nice. I wouldn't try it again. Everyone has to do what is good for them.

Edited: 10:12 am, August 23, 2013
Sheffield, United...
reviews: 21
7. Re: Hepatitis a, malaria, dengue

In UK we are advised Hep/ Typhoid/ Tetanus. I was due Typhoid for my next trip as it's 3 years so have just had it by tablet form. These only give 1 years protection but had no choice as there's a world shortage of Typhoid vaccine at moment I am informed.

Edited: 11:53 am, August 23, 2013
Wigan, United...
reviews: 1
8. Re: Hepatitis a, malaria, dengue

We're from UK and have had hep A, typhiod and tetanus. Took our first malaria tablets yesterday, going on Wednesday! Can't wait! :-)

B.C.
9. Re: Hepatitis a, malaria, dengue

We have what Mike Fisher says, Hep A and B and Tetanus. These are good to have even if you don't travel. There have been some Hep A issues here in Vancouver a few times.

Punta Cana...
10. Re: Hepatitis a, malaria, dengue

what is typhiod?

sorry, but don't know that name.

thanks

Mike