We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help selecting closest to 4.5 to 5 star family hotel.

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new jersey
reviews: 3
Need help selecting closest to 4.5 to 5 star family hotel.

Please provide highest class family hotel from following. Now Larimar, Dreams PB, Dreams Punta Cana, Ocean Blue, Grand Bahia Principe, Luxury Bahia Esmeralda, Majestic Colonail, Iberostar Dominicus or Iberostar Punta Cana. Thanks for any input. new to the island.

7 replies to this topic
Brooklyn, New York
reviews: 14
1. Re: Need help selecting closest to 4.5 to 5 star family hotel.

I stayed at the Majestic Colonial and Dreams Punta Cana. Majestic is a step above Dreams in my opinion ...

Tequesta, FL
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
reviews: 6
2. Re: Need help selecting closest to 4.5 to 5 star family hotel.

The resort with the most-realistic highest 5* rating would be the Esmeralda section of the Gran Bahia complex.

reviews: 40
3. Re: Need help selecting closest to 4.5 to 5 star family hotel.

Been to dreams PC and it was excellent in terms of kids activities and the sheer volume of kids around for other kids to play with.

How does the Esmeralda compare in those terms?

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 9
4. Re: Need help selecting closest to 4.5 to 5 star family hotel.

smittygirl: I haven't stayed at the Esmeralda but have stayed at the Ambar (adults-only) which we loved, but I didn't find that there was enough kids activities that would be of interest for my 10 year old son.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
reviews: 6
5. Re: Need help selecting closest to 4.5 to 5 star family hotel.

None of those listed is 4.5 or 5 star, according to TripAdvisor. Most are 4 star, and a couple are 3.5 star. There are only a handfull of 5 star resorts in Punta Cana, and they are typically very expensive (Tortuga Bay, Zoetry, Eden Roc, etc.). For 4.5 star family resorts, Paradisus Palma Real and Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe are good choices, both on Bavaro Beach Bay, which is a beautiful beach.

Mark

poozieny
reviews: 11
6. Re: Need help selecting closest to 4.5 to 5 star family hotel.

Scratch Iberostar Dominican-Punta Cana and replace with Iberostar Bavaro for a "classier" experience, but be mindful that "highest class" and all-inclusive rarely go hand in hand.

Punta Cana...
7. Re: Need help selecting closest to 4.5 to 5 star family hotel.

out of your list i would prefer the Majestic,

but i don't like the wording "highest class", as all hotels on your list are simple middle of the road average All Inclusive Family hotels, the Iberostar Punta Cana and Dominicus i would even rate below the average/below the others.

the Bahia Esmeralda, which is just a small section within the large Bahia Resort, would by our needs with the kittens be completely unsuitable to travel with the kids, much too many istances to do/walk/drive several times per day to come around the resort and i do not like their tiny crowded beach.

forget the "high class" talking when looking on average mid class hotels, for that check the Majestic Colonial, Palladium Resort, Paradisus(both), Barcelo Palace deLuxe.

if looking for high class in case of top children activities look on the Club Med Punta Cana.

if looking for real high class stop searching the all inclusive properties and look on the high end hotels like EdenRoc, the Villas at Tortuga Bay/Arrecife/Los Corales etc.

Mike

Reply to: Need help selecting closest to 4.5 to 5 star family hotel.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted