We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta Cana or Puerta Plata?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
las vega, nv
reviews: 4
Punta Cana or Puerta Plata?

Just starting research for next year's vaca. Want a small, beach front boutique resort, quiet and peaceful. We are in our early 60s, searching for a restful time on the beach, not partiers and preferably not with families (we love kids, but we have raised ours and now want freedom from that). Hubby wants me to research DR, so any info will be very helpful!

14 replies to this topic
New York
11. Re: Punta Cana or Puerta Plata?

Punta Cana.....Hope the Riu Macao gets the transportation problem corrected soon ....the driver needs customer service training ...drop people off at the proper gates ...

N. Atlanta
reviews: 35
12. Re: Punta Cana or Puerta Plata?

I have not been to Samana personally but it's on my wish list. Jetblue has service there now from NYC and I think they fly from Vegas? You might want to add that to the list. They also have all inclusives but they look smaller than the resorts in Punta Cana.

las vega, nv
reviews: 4
13. Re: Punta Cana or Puerta Plata?

Thanks so much for the info. I will expand my research (thank goodness I have a year to do this!)

Yorktown Heights
reviews: 19
14. Re: Punta Cana or Puerta Plata?

Check out Samana hotels. It is simply gorgeous there. Also it is not as touristy as Punta Cana or Puerto Plata. Just came back less than 2 weeks ago(1st time there) and I was very impressed. Stayed at Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa which right in town and it is aduts only or if you interested in more luxury than there is Cayo Levantado(adults only too). And since Samana is just being 'discovered', the service,people and everything at the hotel was far superior than for example Riu Palace Macao. I was shocked that the drinks where top shelf, not watered down, food was really good and the views were to kill for.

Reply to: Punta Cana or Puerta Plata?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted