We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples retreat all-inclusive

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Couples retreat all-inclusive

Hi everyone, I'm looking to plan a trip to Punta Cana for about 4 or 5 couples (ages 24-26) and was wondering what some of the best values are. We don't want to break the bank, but we also don't want to stay somewhere dirt cheap where the food is horrendous. I've heard some good things about Ocean Blue and Sand in terms of quality of food and value of all-inclusive. We'd be looking to spend no more than $1,000 per person ($2,000 per couple) for flight, hotel and all-inclusive. Any input is much appreciated as this is all of our first time going to the DR. Thanks!

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 9
1. Re: Couples retreat all-inclusive

What time of year are you planning to go?

Boston...
2. Re: Couples retreat all-inclusive

We are looking to go near the middle to end of next April, so about a year from now.

York, Pennsylvania
reviews: 28
3. Re: Couples retreat all-inclusive

Seems to me your budget is a bit low for some of the more popular ( higher rated) resorts. Is that for 8 days/7 nights? We have done a 6/5night trip for under that amount but it was many years ago.

Ottawa, Canada
4. Re: Couples retreat all-inclusive

I agree with OBXBum that your budget might be a bit low for April - it's possible that you could get somewhere nice for that price during the low Fall season.

I've heard good things about Punta Cana Princess, Catalonia Bavaro Royal and the Barcelo Bavaro Beach - they are all reasonably priced adult-only resorts.

Boston...
5. Re: Couples retreat all-inclusive

Sorry, I should have specified we are only looking to do a five-night trip. Don't want to get sick of each other! (he he). I actually already priced out Ocean Blue and Sand and it came out to roughly $900 per person for flight and an all-inclusive five-night stay. I guess that's why I was wondering if anyone has stayed there, because it sounded like a great value for us based on what you get. But again, we don't want to stay some place where the food is lousy, etc.

York, Pennsylvania
reviews: 28
6. Re: Couples retreat all-inclusive

We have not stayed there but the H10 properties (Ocean Blue/Sand in PC) have a very loyal following so they must be pretty good!

A note: food at an all-inclusive is never GREAT. When you are preparing food for such a large number of people some of the finer elements get lost in the preparation. Having said that, we have never had BAD food at an AI. You just need to go with an open mind and realize it will not taste like home, if you don't like it you can always get something else, and if it doesn't look good to you, don't try it.

Minnesota
reviews: 2
7. Re: Couples retreat all-inclusive

Ocean blue is a good resort. It has a nice beach, 2 huge pools and a swim up bar. Food was near the top of the 5 punta Cana resorts we have been to. The grand palladium is another good choice probably the best food overall. If u have more questions just ask.

Boston, MA
reviews: 6
8. Re: Couples retreat all-inclusive

Have stayed at Ocean Blue and enjoyed it. Food is decent - like other poster said don't expect North American 5-star dining but you will be well fed. In particular the roasted chicken Ocean Blue served at the restaurant next to the beach for lunch was amazing, but in a simple (although melt in your mouth) way. Rooms are ok. We stayed in Privilege Club and rooms were much nicer than regular - however they may have upgraded regular rooms since we went in Dec 2009. Others can advise re that - or it may be discussed in the reviews. For that price though - go for it. It is great for April. We head to PC in 10 days and our trip from Boston, non-stop Jet Blue, is $3,000 for two at Majestic Elegance Club section. Also be advised that Ocean Blue is a family resort - we chose it because of the variety of kid/teen offerings - so you will have at least as many families as couples.

Nashville
9. Re: Couples retreat all-inclusive

Watch the website bookit for deals! We booked our 5 nights at Secrets for this month for roughly $2200 during one of their flash sales. I think we got a great deal.

10. Re: Couples retreat all-inclusive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 04, 2014