We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist Card??

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Massanutten...
reviews: 1
Tourist Card??

I saw someone posting a link here once indicating that you could purchase your tourist card before you got to DR. Is this correct??? does this eliminate a line or wait time at the airport???

Nahville, TN
reviews: 7
31. Re: Tourist Card??

Lori the tourist card is $10 at the airport or online.

new jersey
reviews: 6
32. Re: Tourist Card??

it was easy peasy. but i did do it with a prepaid card. just in case i know someone brought up that i was skittish about using a card on line and that they had there identity stolen and tried to charge it in the middle east and got an alert. i don't think you get the same alert if you are traveling in the same country you are in. harder to dispute. its about a year old. just using some caution. yes it is a good thing....

Astoria, Oregon
reviews: 28
33. Re: Tourist Card??

Someone tried using my card in the United Arab Emirates. It took all of a 2 min phone call with Chase to dispute and reverse the charge.

new jersey
reviews: 6
34. Re: Tourist Card??

hey thanks paul but what if they are using your card in the same destination you are in. i mean you do have to notify chase of travel plans before hand. i checked out of a houston marriot was on a plane when another couple were having a $75 meal and a $25.00 tip. LOL my card on file... chase saw in my charges i was on that flight and marriot took the charges off. but if you don't have iron clad back up. i am just throwing caution in the wind. just trying to help. it is a good site..

Astoria, Oregon
reviews: 28
35. Re: Tourist Card??

I always notify my credit card company when I travel so there's a note in my file. I also check the account online to verify the chagres were correct. If any weren't then I simply call Chase or just dispute the charge online. It's really a simple process.

Toronto, Canada
36. Re: Tourist Card??

I agree... credit card fraud these days isn't as big as it used to be. The banks have gone a long way in increasing security, plus they give you many many ways to monitor your account to make sure your charges are yours.

I have a TD visa and i receive and email the instant the card is used (no extra charge for the service): where, when, how much....it can get annoying sometimes when I'm out shopping! LOL! but It gives me great peace of mind.

I'm sure other banks have the same or similar procedures. And most of the time the customer is right, so if you tell them that charge is not yours, they believe you....

I worry very little these days about fraud on my credit card... not because it can not happen but because i trust a lot is being done to prevent it and I'm given the tools to monitor the activity very closely

37. Re: Tourist Card??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 03, 2014