We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist Card??

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Massanutten...
reviews: 1
Tourist Card??

I saw someone posting a link here once indicating that you could purchase your tourist card before you got to DR. Is this correct??? does this eliminate a line or wait time at the airport???

Nahville, TN
reviews: 8
1. Re: Tourist Card??

Yes I think it saves time here is the link for you https://www.dgii.gov.do/Tturistaweb/

new jersey
reviews: 6
2. Re: Tourist Card??

that site seems to be up and down. not sure if i would trust the security of it.. i have not had a long line at the airport most non us countries have them included in the flight packages. but the site does have norton security.

Nahville, TN
reviews: 8
3. Re: Tourist Card??

Funtime what the heck are you talking about?? I have used it our last two trips and have mine printed for June??

new jersey
4. Re: Tourist Card??

well heck look to your right of the page???? click on tourist cards then look at the comments???? go figure!

new jersey
5. Re: Tourist Card??

before you call someone out check the facts. its up now just like i said it has norton security.. glad it worked for you. but for others it has not. i am not going to gamble with something not working all the time sends a red flag. also read the warnings about credit card readers as well. this is trip advisor open forum.

CLARKSVILLE
reviews: 4
6. Re: Tourist Card??

Use the Online Tourist Card option every time we come down since it was started over a year ago...works perfectly every time and allows you to by-pass the tourist card line and go directly to the Passport Inspection counter via the Cedula (Resident) line that is to your right as you enter the airport from the tarmac. Saves a LOT of time and gets you to the baggage claim before anyone else on your flight!

Connecticut
reviews: 17
7. Re: Tourist Card??

Bought our tourist cards online. Used them last week and bypassed a long line. Got to the luggage pickup early but unfortunately had to wait until our luggage finally came around..

canada
reviews: 10
8. Re: Tourist Card??

Agree with posts #6 and #7... it does save time somewhat... you will bypass that particular line... but of course you will have to wait at baggage...BUT if you are like me, one of my reasons for purchasing online is that it is one less thing to do at the airport. Before you purchase online though, make sure it isn't already included with your carrier...

Astoria, Oregon
reviews: 28
9. Re: Tourist Card??

I just purchased our 3 tourist cards on that site this morning. I used a credit card, not my checkcard. I have zero worries about the security of the site.

Belleville, Canada
reviews: 26
10. Re: Tourist Card??

I've used the on-line purchase site for the Tourist Card when flying Sunwing from Canada, & had no worries. Click, pay, print within 5 minutes or less !