We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NOW LARIMAR preferred club vs. SRB

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
reviews: 3
NOW LARIMAR preferred club vs. SRB

In deciding between these two, would three PC. At now, be nicer than oceanview at SRB?

Chester, United...
reviews: 53
1. Re: NOW LARIMAR preferred club vs. SRB

Hi again

I still think SRB still wins as even with a PC Room at Now the overall resort is not in the same class at SRB

London, United...
reviews: 8
2. Re: NOW LARIMAR preferred club vs. SRB

SRB now have a preferred club section and you can still use all the facilities at Now.

Morristown, New...
reviews: 22
3. Re: NOW LARIMAR preferred club vs. SRB

I just have to comment on ocean view, at SRB (I know it was mentioned in a previous thread). I did not have an ocean view room, but friends of mine did. Yes, technically, you could see the ocean, but to do so, you had to stand up on your balcony and sorta crane your neck towards the ocean. It's not like you could sit on your balcony and watch the sea. Just sayin'.

With that in mind, the best way to get an ocean view, is to sit on the beach all day. Once the sun goes down, you can't see it from your balcony anyway. BUT, the lighting around the pool, in the evening, is really very beautiful. At SRB, I'd request a pool view, and not worry about being able to spot a sliver of ocean through the palms.

Chester, United...
reviews: 53
4. Re: NOW LARIMAR preferred club vs. SRB

Please note that the SRB PC Rooms are within the Now part of the complex and face onto the service road between Now and SRB - not ideal IMHO

Dortmund, Germany
reviews: 4
5. Re: NOW LARIMAR preferred club vs. SRB

I had an ocean view room at SRB twice and really loved the panoramic view, although it's not frontal. IMHO the rooms in the left building at SRB offer the nicest view. Last year I had room 4372 and the view was really fantastic. Some neighboured rooms offer only restricted ocean view, because the buildings are standing in different angles. Overall the SRB is the much nicer hotel and I would not return to NOW (been there twice).

6. Re: NOW LARIMAR preferred club vs. SRB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 29, 2014