We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breathless Punta Cana Resort

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Owen Sound...
reviews: 19
Breathless Punta Cana Resort

HI! I see this is coming up as an option on itravel2000. However, I can find little to no info on the place. Is it brand new or a re-named resort that already exists? Anyone out there know anything about it?

1,384 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
reviews: 8
1. Re: Breathless Punta Cana Resort

Breathless is a new adult only brand by AM Resorts. As far as I know, none will be open until 2015.

Mark

Bavaro, Dominican...
reviews: 11
2. Re: Breathless Punta Cana Resort

Its on the air transat site as well and if you check the restaraunt names They match up with secrets and now larimar.

Punta Cana...
3. Re: Breathless Punta Cana Resort

they never bring anything New, but bthey change the neames of old stuff well often, weird sales strategies typical by AMResorts.

Mike

Owen Sound...
reviews: 19
4. Re: Breathless Punta Cana Resort

Thanks. I kind of wondered if that was the area it was in. So, basically either a renamed or a section of the Now Larimar, I guess.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
5. Re: Breathless Punta Cana Resort

According to what I'm reading, the first ones will be in the Mayan Riviera and Akumal, in October 2015.

Mark

Punta Cana...
6. Re: Breathless Punta Cana Resort

usuallu AMResorts starts with a hotelrentalk somewhere, mostly Mexico, and then changes the names of other Rentals all around if the new name brought success on the sales.

Mike

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
7. Re: Breathless Punta Cana Resort

Yes, and of course they'll slap a 6 golden apple rating on them immediately.

Mark

Fredericton, Canada
reviews: 6
8. Re: Breathless Punta Cana Resort

This was supposed to open as the ONYX Punta Cana but it has been re-branded at Breathless. They describe it as a ‘modern and sexy experience, seducing jet setting singles, couples and friends with the allure of vibrant nightlife and flawless beaches”.

Sounds like a singles & swingers place to me lol

Frankln Park PA
reviews: 1
9. Re: Breathless Punta Cana Resort

With that description, the singles and swingers ARE the folks who will be attracted to it! The demographics from the outset can really set the tone moving forward. They really should be very careful how they market it. If you make it sound like a "Hedonism", well then, there goes the neighborhood. :-)

Morristown, New...
reviews: 22
10. Re: Breathless Punta Cana Resort

I, personally, wouldn't necessarily mind a hedo-style resort, as long as they keep it nice and upscale (yes... swingers and singles like upscale luxury, too). It's a niche market that has yet to be addressed in PC.

Reply to: Breathless Punta Cana Resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted