We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anyone else save $1

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis...
reviews: 18
Does anyone else save $1

Many people have a change jar but we happen to also throw singles in the jar(s) all the time. It works for many purposes, kids call need five bucks they can just go get it but when we go to leave on vacation we just pull out all of the singles and we are set....out of curiosity, I counted last week. 116 singles and 4 - 5s ......a few more fives and we are all set for tipping on vacation. Sounds silly but makes the trip seem cheaper :)

MTL
reviews: 1
11. Re: Does anyone else save $1

LOL that is only since new years eve. I did not drink them all, accumulated them with weekend get together's, BBQ's in the snow, etc.

In regards to collectibles definitely have a bunch of those. Have many old beer, coke, pepsi bottles, old cans, milk jugs from the 70s and up.Couple older ones. Even got Billy Beer un-opened lol.

Edited: 11:18 pm, March 29, 2013
Indianapolis...
12. Re: Does anyone else save $1

No clue that you didn't have anything lower than a five in Canada, out of curiosity.....how much is a cup of coffee? Btw, I told john about this post and ran out to the car with a 24 oz Coor Light can in hand, of course and brought me 16 more singles, so we are now up to 130

Indianapolis...
13. Re: Does anyone else save $1

Ok, my math was off, that would be 132 singles!

Burlington
reviews: 4
14. Re: Does anyone else save $1

Canada replaced the paper one-dollar bill with the Loonie coin in 1987 and then the two-dollar bill with the Toonie in 1996. We recently also stopped minting the penny and now transactions done in cash are rounded (mostly down) to the nearest five-cents.

I save coins partly because as they accumulate, they get very heavy in my wallet!

And my large coffee at Tim Horton's is $1.80.

Baltimore, Maryland
reviews: 10
15. Re: Does anyone else save $1

As another poster stated above...as soon as we book we start setting aside 1's & 5's.

boston
16. Re: Does anyone else save $1

We save the change. Got about 1500.00 in various jars. Obviously took years to build up but will be nice when we can use it to pay off a good portion of a vacation. Bills just wouldn't last in the jars. Need a buck here and there to easy to empty the jar. Need $5-$10.00 and have to go for the change jar not so quick to be plucking it out of the jar. You'd be surprised how fast you're change adds up.

Toronto, Canada
17. Re: Does anyone else save $1

We too collect $1s for our trip. We use it for tipping and if we save really well we purchase our private transfer with it!

18. Re: Does anyone else save $1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 02, 2014