We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anyone else save $1

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis...
reviews: 18
Does anyone else save $1

Many people have a change jar but we happen to also throw singles in the jar(s) all the time. It works for many purposes, kids call need five bucks they can just go get it but when we go to leave on vacation we just pull out all of the singles and we are set....out of curiosity, I counted last week. 116 singles and 4 - 5s ......a few more fives and we are all set for tipping on vacation. Sounds silly but makes the trip seem cheaper :)

Old Bridge, NJ
reviews: 8
1. Re: Does anyone else save $1

We have a change jar. I throw small bills in it but they seem to disappear. Funny how no one touches the change. I won a $100 on a lottery ticket and put that in and amazingly no one touched it. I usually cash in about $100-$150 in change for vacation.

Connecticut
reviews: 14
2. Re: Does anyone else save $1

Once I booked I started throwing singles into the change jar. I think if I did it before that they would disapppear : )

Warwick, Rhode...
reviews: 81
3. Re: Does anyone else save $1

I started saving 1's and 5's......

Dayton, Ohio
reviews: 1
4. Re: Does anyone else save $1

I roll my loose change and cash it in before we travel. I had $301 rolled as of this morning, cashed in $150 of it for tippage.

Denver, Colorado
reviews: 14
5. Re: Does anyone else save $1

We save all kinds of change, total last time I opened the jar was $75 - that's within a year or so.

Burlington
reviews: 4
6. Re: Does anyone else save $1

Yes, but with a little extra work here in Canada!! I opened a U.S. dollar account a few years ago, and since we no longer have paper bills under $5., I save all my Loonies ($1.) and Toonies ($2.) and deposit those into my U.S. account once the exchange rate is close to par. It adds up quickly, and I just withdraw my tip money (in U.S.) before leaving for vacation.

Naples,FL
reviews: 4
7. Re: Does anyone else save $1

Yes, we do. Makes the tipping easier.

MTL
reviews: 1
8. Re: Does anyone else save $1

Yes I do to have two different ones going.

First one is an 18L plastic water bottle filled with change up to loonies (1$ coin) and toonies (2$ coin). Cashed that out the other day as beginning of April I am off to Florida for a month. Total came to 387.73$ (I was shocked lol)

Second one is in Canada returning empty beer cases we get 10 cents a bottle. Have 71 cases of 24 in the garage (bottles cleaned and rinsed of course) so 170.40$ in glass lol. Haven't decided if I will cash those in or not. If I do it will likely go for towards drinks at the airport/plane and tips. Then I will build up another stack for Punta Cana in Sept

Edited: 9:23 pm, March 29, 2013
Punta Cana...
reviews: 16
9. Re: Does anyone else save $1

That is 1704 bottles. Time to seek rehab!!! LOL

Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
reviews: 17
10. Re: Does anyone else save $1

Bigjim93,

LOL !

I can only imagine how long it would have taken me to collect 71 cases of 2/4's - I love a cold beer but prefer the cuba libres - are there any collectable bottle types in that collection ? LOL

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)