We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flea market or beach venders?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newfoundland
reviews: 2
flea market or beach venders?

I was wondering if the flea markets or some may call beach venders still there? It's about 30 min walk from the bahia and i think it's near the Iberostar Grand...

Deer Lake, Canada
reviews: 16
1. Re: flea market or beach venders?

yea it was there when we were there last May just up past Iberostar.

Indianapolis...
reviews: 18
2. Re: flea market or beach venders?

If you are referring to the little huts near the water, yes last year they were still there. It was a great place to buy souvenirs .......told John that this time, we need to have more cash on us when we walk to the shops! Much better prices than the resort and definitely the airport.

Newfoundland, Canada
3. Re: flea market or beach venders?

If you don't mind my asking; what kinds of things can you get at these beach vendors?

Mississauga
reviews: 9
4. Re: flea market or beach venders?

You can get almost anything there from souvenirs to cigars to rum, be prepared to haggle on the prices, never pay what they first ask for because it is outrageous.

Boston
reviews: 71
5. Re: flea market or beach venders?

I go to el-cortecito found a few good shops their and prices and wares way better than beach vendors

actually leaving in three hours for the ambar !

Los Angeles...
reviews: 1
6. Re: flea market or beach venders?

How far is el-cortectio from the ambar? I'm guessing you guys take a taxi?

MTL
7. Re: flea market or beach venders?

@abehdeh,

Not unless you like to walk the beach :)

Standing on the beach at the Ambar facing the ocean look to your right. In the far distance on the bend you will see a bunch of colorful huts. That is were the shops are.

Grab a couple drinks, maybe a small bag for your money and a bottle of water and enjoy the 30ISH walk each way to the shops.

If you do not feel like walking back there is taxi boats there that you can negotiate a price.

It is a nice time to spend the morning or afternoon rather then sitting on the loungers all day :)

Safe Travels!

Edited: 1:32 am, March 30, 2013
Los Angeles...
8. Re: flea market or beach venders?

Sounds amazing. Thank you very much Bigjim. Haha you truly are a Punta cana expert!

MTL
9. Re: flea market or beach venders?

On another note our walks from the Bahia take much longer as every resort we pass there is a group of partier's so we stop to say hi and they happily go get us a drink a there beach bar. Until we make it to the shops to by a nice ice cold large Presidente :)

Edited: 1:39 am, March 30, 2013
MTL
10. Re: flea market or beach venders?

@abehdeh,

I must apologize for my previous post (To much alcohol in the system lol)

I thought you were asking about the shops on the beach.

El-cortectio is a 10 to 15 minute cab ride from the Bahia.

Sorry once again for the confusion.

PS: I also pm'd you to ensure that you get the proper info in case you don't come back to this thread.

Edited: 1:46 am, March 30, 2013