We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant/Meal Times @ Iberostar Dominicana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
reviews: 9
Restaurant/Meal Times @ Iberostar Dominicana

Hi all, I will be heading to the Iberostar Dominicana in July and am wondering what time meals are served (specifically lunch & dinner @ beach & main buffets).

Thanks in advance :)

Morristown, New...
reviews: 22
1. Re: Restaurant/Meal Times @ Iberostar Dominicana

Meal times were pretty standard, around when you'd typically eat meals on the weekends. Likely won't be able to get more than maybe a continental breakfast very early, but expect the full buffet btw, say, 8-10:30. Lunch would be in the 11:30-2:00 range, and dinner 5:00-7:30, give or take. I have my printed info somewhere. I'll try to find it. But buffet hours were pretty standard times, to when one would ordinarily eat those meals. (I don't recall breakfast at the beach buffet, and there was definitely not dinner down there, as both the IBPC and IBD beach buffet areas convert to a la cartes for the evening meal.)

Toronto
2. Re: Restaurant/Meal Times @ Iberostar Dominicana

Thanks poozieny,

we actually went to a Bahia resort in Samana last year and lunch/dinner were served later than other resorts we have been to - lunch (at main buffet, as their beach grill had very limited options) started at 1 and dinner buffet started at 7. We found that to be late as we had a toddler with us and were surprised by the late start times to the meals. We will have our daughter with us again this year, so we are hoping lunch will start to be served by 12 and dinner would start by 6. This won't change our minds about the Iberostar dominicana, but at least we can go prepared.

Toronto
3. Re: Restaurant/Meal Times @ Iberostar Dominicana

Bump

Toronto, Canada
4. Re: Restaurant/Meal Times @ Iberostar Dominicana

Buffet hours at Iberostar Dominicana can be found here, under "Gastronomy": iberostar.com/en/…eat-relax-enjoy

Toronto
5. Re: Restaurant/Meal Times @ Iberostar Dominicana

Thanks Mike11HLC! Do you know if the 3rd one "Hispaniola Buffet" is open air or indoor w/ AC?

Toronto, Canada
6. Re: Restaurant/Meal Times @ Iberostar Dominicana

I'm not sure actually. My first trip to the Iberostar complex is coming up in April.

From the small picture though, it looks like it's open air to me.

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 43
7. Re: Restaurant/Meal Times @ Iberostar Dominicana

The buffet at the beach serves light breakfast after the main buffet opens, right up 'till lunch time. The "star rock" café is the only air conditioned restaurant. No reservations required, if I remember the menu was kind of road house style - burgers, nachos, club sandwiches etc.

Edited: 7:21 pm, March 30, 2013
Morristown, New...
reviews: 22
8. Re: Restaurant/Meal Times @ Iberostar Dominicana

There are other air conditioned restaurants besides the Star Rock. Mexican, gourmet and asian are also air conditioned. All the buffets are open air (love it!).

And, the dress code goes according to whether or not the restaurant is open air. For the a la cartes, if it's air conditioned, then men are expected to wear long pants. If it's open air, neat shorts are accepted.

9. Re: Restaurant/Meal Times @ Iberostar Dominicana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 03, 2014