We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring Break Fun, I think not

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
City
reviews: 8
Spring Break Fun, I think not

Just came across this link (caution, pics are gross) about those Henna Tattoos they sell on the resorts and beach. I hope this info can reach ONE spring breaker before they get hurt.

…yahoo.com/beauty/caution--some-temporary-ta…

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 20
11. Re: Spring Break Fun, I think not

No, it's very faint and only I know it's there, I was given very good care at the hospital, left with tubs of medicated creams, gauze, bandages, prescriptions for some other meds to relieve the burning sensation.... PS, I'm not a spring breaker LOL.

But I must add that I had to take very, very good ritualistic care of the "wound".

Edited: 7:41 pm, March 27, 2013
City
12. Re: Spring Break Fun, I think not

Thank goodness. Wouldnt have been fun walking around with a "wounded palm tree" :~)

Winnipeg, Canada
13. Re: Spring Break Fun, I think not

Here you can sort of see from Day 1 to Day 33, the photos don't do it justice, believe me it was on fire and super itchy.

…slickpic.com/s/…

Kansas City...
reviews: 4
14. Re: Spring Break Fun, I think not

Oh my Deb, I'm speechless. Great information and pics to share....I know I just learned something new. I had no idea. The sad part is, that was a really cool palm tree!

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 11
15. Re: Spring Break Fun, I think not

Marg is right, and that's what the article says. It is not HENNA that is the problem, but the ones who pass off black hair dye and claim it is henna.

City
16. Re: Spring Break Fun, I think not

Deb, I can't access that link, can you re-post?

Halifax, Canada
reviews: 4
17. Re: Spring Break Fun, I think not

Deb, thanks for posting your images. That palm tree looks like it would have been pure misery. And, a big thanks to the OP for posting this. I had no idea that this could happen and I'll scratch Henna tattoos off my list.

Winnipeg, Canada
18. Re: Spring Break Fun, I think not

LOL, yes it was a nice Palm Tree.... it is Henna with PPD also called Black Henna. Black Henna with PPD has been banned in Canada for a few years now so hopefully it isn't around.

One thing I wanted to mention is that you don't normally get a reaction for about 7 days, usually the tourist has gone home by the time the reaction starts. A lot of the medical profession haven't heard about it and don't know how to treat it, I went armed with information that they took seriously and received correct treatment.

19. Re: Spring Break Fun, I think not

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 30, 2014