We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring Break Fun, I think not

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
City
reviews: 8
Spring Break Fun, I think not

Just came across this link (caution, pics are gross) about those Henna Tattoos they sell on the resorts and beach. I hope this info can reach ONE spring breaker before they get hurt.

…yahoo.com/beauty/caution--some-temporary-ta…

winnipeg
reviews: 18
1. Re: Spring Break Fun, I think not

Ask My wife Severe Infection 2 years ago

Stay away from this. Tim

canada
reviews: 10
2. Re: Spring Break Fun, I think not

Thank you for the warning. I will let my daughters know. A few years back it was all the rage her in Canada (not sure if it still is) around the wasaga beach area. The girls had it done - but no side affects thank goodness - perhaps dodged a bullet. Will let them know.

Oshawa, Canada
reviews: 16
3. Re: Spring Break Fun, I think not

My daughter had a very serious reaction as well. Within two hours of getting the henna on her lower back, we were trying to soak it to lessen the pain. It started to peel and blister within 24 hours. Not fun at all.

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 11
4. Re: Spring Break Fun, I think not

Interesting indeed, I've had henna done in India and none of our group had any problems (at least 20 participated).

Leeds, Engalnd
reviews: 15
5. Re: Spring Break Fun, I think not

some people are just allergic to henna and the products made from it .....thats why when using any kind of dye's that use Henna you are advised to do a skin test first

Luckily i am not and have had a henna tattoo b4 on my wrist done by an Indian friend ..it was so pretty :-)

but your right to warn people as some are oblivious to the fact that they may be allergic to it ...especially if they have never tested / tried it Before :-)

Toronto
reviews: 12
6. Re: Spring Break Fun, I think not

The South-Asian henna is a different type of mixture which leaves a brown/red stain on the skin. It is safe. This stuff is mainly hair-dye which is not meant to stay on the skin for extended periods of time. Brown henna is safe for most people.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 29
7. Re: Spring Break Fun, I think not

Brown or red henna is not a problem. It's the fake stuff they call henna and it's black. Stay away!!

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 20
8. Re: Spring Break Fun, I think not

Yes indeed, be super carefull with this shyt, if it's Black Henna it more than likely has PPD in it to get that rich black colour.... I had a severely blistered Palm Tree and actually had to go to the hospital, it felt like I had been hit with a branding iron. I am now sensitive to the sun and have been warned that I can never dye my hair as you can/may develop a severe reaction to the PPD in hair dye... luckily for me I have never had to dye my hair.

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 20
9. Re: Spring Break Fun, I think not

Here's a great link....

http://www.hennapage.com/henna/ppd/index.html

read this story about a boy who didn't have a reaction till a couple years later when his older sister dyed his hair...

http://www.hennaforhair.com/ppd/ppdreaction/

scary shyt so please beware.

City
reviews: 8
10. Re: Spring Break Fun, I think not

Great info that everyone is providing. If we keep one kid safe, its all good. Wow, debinatore that is quite a link (poor kid). Did you get left with a scar?