We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Bavaro

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Iberostar Bavaro

I am travelling to Punta Cana with my family this June and staying at the Iberostar Bavaro. I would like to know if there is free wifi in the lobby?

Thank You.

Simcoe, Canada
reviews: 4
1. Re: Iberostar Bavaro

Sorry no free WIFI....

Toronto, Canada
2. Re: Iberostar Bavaro

Check out www.gobecon.com they are getting good reviews. I used them very happy with them. They are cheaper than the hotel wifi and you can use the service on or off the resort. search them on TA and you can see the posts. good luck.

Long Island,New York
reviews: 65
3. Re: Iberostar Bavaro

I looked into gobecon.com and the prices are quite good but they told me the Iberostar won't allow them to make deliveries directly to the resort and therefore you must pick up devices at airport which is less appealing to me. I will post after I use them regarding their service.

Toronto, Canada
4. Re: Iberostar Bavaro

Well thats not cool! So iberostar is basically FORCING you to buy more expensive WiFi internet directly from the hotel as we are international travellers and have no access to outside services or wi-fi.

This situation would be no different than if I wanted to order pizza from Pizza Hut and then being told I have to buy the pizza from a paid restaurant in the hotel or if i needed medicine I have to go to the hotel store.

If I were you I would let the hotel know its not cool at all to take advantage of clients on vacation like this. Maybe even in your review.

does anyone have the manager of the hotels email? I would like to write them and see what they say.

let me know how gobecon service works out.

Toronto, Canada
5. Re: Iberostar Bavaro

the airport thing might not be so bad. Your connected as soon as you land.

Newfoundland
reviews: 11
6. Re: Iberostar Bavaro

I just booked a wifi device from Gobecon for next week. They tell us that we will be met at the bus when we arrive at the airport, and we are not arriving till 1030 pm.Sounds good to me as we won't have to deal with it upon arrival at the resort. It's cheaper than the resort charges, and we can use it thought the resort, not just in the lobby! I just hope that they are reputable and we don't be disappointed.

Newfoundland
7. Re: Iberostar Bavaro

Ok, so before I sent Gobecon any payment I specifically asked if they would meet us at the airport, given our late arrival of 1030 pm, and received a reply that they would. I went ahead and sent payment with pay pal. Today I get an e mail stating that because our arrival was past business hours, they would meet us outside the hotel the next morning at 1030! Not happy.....! I've sent a reply voicing my displeasure, but they have my money now...

Toronto, Canada
8. Re: Iberostar Bavaro

I'm sure they will sort it out for you. The DR is a zoo! Let us know what they say.

Newfoundland
9. Re: Iberostar Bavaro

We got another reply from Gobecon, apologizing for the miscommunication, and assuring us that providing our flight is not more than 60 min late they will honour the initial commitment to meet us at the airport. :)

Newfoundland
10. Re: Iberostar Bavaro

Just returned from Iberostar bavaro. The Gobecon rep met us at the airport with a sign with our name on it.He showed us how to connect with the wifi device, and it worked like a charm all week. Much less hassle than having to go to the lobby to connect with family back home, as we could use it anywhere! We paid $29 us and the resort was charging $40 for 5 days with lobby access only. Upon our return to the airport the rep was again waiting with a sign right in our line up to check in for the flight and returned our security deposit. I would certainly recommend this service.