We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta Cana or Cancun?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
reviews: 9
Punta Cana or Cancun?

We vacation once or twice a year in Cancun at the Golden Parnassus. For those who have been to Cancun and Punta Cana, which do you prefer and which is normally a lower price?

columbus ohio
reviews: 2
11. Re: Punta Cana or Cancun?

Hi, I am also a Golden Parnassus afficionado,,,,,,,having been there 35 times in the last 7 years, I also go to Punta Cana and stay at the Royal Catalonia resort. Adults only, small resort, great beach lots of good restaurants and the price is comparable. Going to the GP next month, paid $180 a night, going to PC in May, paid $175 a night, so not much difference. We always stay pretty much on the resort as we have seen all of the sights before. Enjoy them both for different reasons but am now leaning more to PC........we probably have met at the Golden as we are down there a lot...............elmo

murillo
reviews: 3
12. Re: Punta Cana or Cancun?

after 8 years in a row to PC we went to GRP in PDC ... Weekend of Mar 1st it was 50 degres F. in the mornings.. 70 in PC. Last time to PDC in 2001 had the best food ever ... Food this time wasn't much better than PC . More to do off resort in PDC . I would call it a warm place in the Carribean... PC is tropical.

13. Re: Punta Cana or Cancun?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 23, 2014